touch up paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touch up paint

Has anyone on this forum expiermented with touch up paint cuz my camaro still looks good to say that its a 98 but it just have some nicks here and there. I just wanted to know what to expect before I do it and end up regreting it. I was going to get a paint job but I really don't need it cuz the car still shines with or without a good wash. The touch up paint is just for when people get in and out there car they scrap a little paint on the doors.
    eric head

its pretty easy to use. if you can use white out you can use touch up paint for the most part. dont put it on too thick. if you're looking at very small spots try a toothpick or a match-stick cut off at an angle. dont expect perfect results, the finish will not be even. It should however color-match. scratches are a bit harder to fix than chips.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

well to add to loochy's comments there is a way to get it pretty damn close to even and flow nicely, the easy way is with masking tape, apply your touch up paint as little as possible, then while its still wet put some masking tape over it and squeze it flush, like your getting the bubbles out of a sticker....let it dry for a good 30 minutes and carefully peel it off. You should get very good results. the hard way however involves some sanding and buffing dont know it your willing to got that far. Try the masking tape first and see how far you get with it.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I heard that blue painters tape is better as its sticking power is less than that of masking tape

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X