need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help!

allright i have the wings west body kit, and for some reason the rear skirt wont stay no matter what ive tried....it sags in the corners. I tried wire ties, screws, and i spent 30 bucks on tape and that didnt even work because for some reason in the corners it wont line up right and i cant get any screws in there because of the angle.

If anyone had similar problems let me know...because i want to fix this before it flies off while im on the highway.

thanks!!
    95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

you just gotta keep at it. mine used to sag, i took it off, put the tape all the way around, put some screws above the exhaust tips and on the sides, and now its stuck on there like glue.

if its really buggin you and youve got tons of money to blow, you could look into getting it molded on.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

if you'd like pictures of what i did, let me know.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

yeah i like yours alot, how did you get it to stay so nice? i know a guy who does a really good job at it but hes never around...
        95 black 3.8 camaro, Intake, Pacesetters, Flowmaster 80 series, accel plugs and wires, B&M shift kit (eh could be better), hopefully a highflow cat soon. and a bunch of appearance mods.

Comment

go to autozone. get a product called: the amazing goop! its an automotive glue that will not hurt your paint, but will make an amazing bond between the car and your effects. youll need to prop something under the gfx, to hol it up to the car, but im telling you, this stuff hold together really well. if you ever want to take off the gfx, just pull on them and the glue pulls right off, but not easy enough to just fall off.
          Teh Cars:<br />2002 Firebird V6<br />1997 Camaro SS 30th <br />1991 Firebird V6<br />1989 Firebird Formula<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855002</a>

Comment

will it hold up without screws? cause id probably put a bunch in anyway for safety reasons haha.
            But thanks for the info. and how much does it cost?

Comment

dont listen to him,I would never use glue on the gfx,it will hold for couple of weeks then fall off,just use the 3m double sided tape

Comment

i used the 3m tape but that crap wouldnt hold. I dont know why but in the corners my whole gfx sags. The tape worked on my sideskirts and front air dam, but not on my rear piece. Im thinking about using nuts and bolts to hold it up....

Comment

3M VHB is the best way to put GFX on. If you want I'll see if I can get you some industrial strength and send it out to you. Beware though once its on its on so you better get it lined up right the first try. Email me if you want some.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

haha yeah i know that....i had to take part of my sideskirt off to put my new fender on, and it didnt come off easy. But if you have some ill definatly try it out.

Comment

the only way the rear valance sags is you dont allign it when you put it on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        2 days ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X