Power Window Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Window Conversion

Anybody know the approximate time to install one of the crank-mount pw kits? I called the local audio shop & he said "that is a major job - you may have to leave the car for 2 days".

Does that sound real? At $60.00 per hour or whatever - this could be disaster!
    95Camaro3.4T5Conv Red/White*SLP Bilsteins*BMR Tower Brace*CAI*NiehoffIgn*NGK PlatPlugs*DelcoHiPerfWires*FlowmasterCatback*RedDe vilReso(no cat)* DynoMax Muffler*B & M Shifter*Eurolite Lamps*Yokohama Avid 235/55/16*GM 3.73s*Auburn LSD*Sirius*All DONE!

Re: Power Window Conversion

for an average joe its probably alittle hard and time consuming but why do you want to take it to an audio shop? i dont know if they do this kind of work there but around here, audio shops are full of teenagers who dont know what working on cars really is
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I know but the consensus through this forum, and from the supplier, is that's the place to go. I guess they are the experts in electronics inside doors.

I called my mechanic & he has never done one. I know SoundDesign sells kits and do them - but I definitely am going to get a little firmer quote than what he said so far!
      95Camaro3.4T5Conv Red/White*SLP Bilsteins*BMR Tower Brace*CAI*NiehoffIgn*NGK PlatPlugs*DelcoHiPerfWires*FlowmasterCatback*RedDe vilReso(no cat)* DynoMax Muffler*B & M Shifter*Eurolite Lamps*Yokohama Avid 235/55/16*GM 3.73s*Auburn LSD*Sirius*All DONE!

Comment

it's not worth taking it to a shop. if you like working on your car and have a free saturday, do it yourself. i did it myself and enjoyed it. so long as you have fairly good mechanical skills, it's no problem. do it yourself.
        2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X