paint jobie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint jobie

i just got a maaco paint job and hear they almost never end up keeping very well...is there any way to keep a maaco paint job looking great? it was cheap but is it worth the hassle if its got to be repainted? LET ME KNOW
    detroit muscle

Re: paint jobie

a lot of people will tell you its going to chip/flake in time regardless, but the very best thing you can do for a maco paint job, is the best thing you can do for any paint job. protect the paint, meaning wash and wax it regularly.

also, this is just me guessing, but id avoid power washing, or running it through gas station car washes, cause the rougher you are with the paint, the more likely it will start to fall apart. gentle wash, and a nice waxing fairly often should keep it looking fine.

my fiance had a macco paint job on her first car, and i did as i mentioned above, and it stayed nice until it was sold.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

The problem with MAACO is their technique when painting.
      Sanding is everything!!! Don't get me wrong...primer, paint and clearcoat are of the upmost importance too along with the experience to lay it down, but sanding the old paint off is the stepping stone of getting a nice and reliable paintjob on your car. MAACO has a tendancy of quicksanding, using a cheap/poor quality primer or NO primer at all, and spray the paint on dust, dirt, handprints, etc. I've seen a paintjob (from them) on top of a bare metal roof once without using primer at all! My old neighbor worked there and told me horror stories of how they wanted the cars painted and moved outside to make room as quickly as possible! Cars were painted and moved outside WITHIN AN HOUR of the final spray!!!!! He also said that they wanted to use one large spraycoat of paint instead of many light coats, thus giving a sh*tty final coating.

My point is that no matter what you use to try and save the paintjob, nothing will keep it from chipping, cracking or bubbling if it's a poor quality.

My opinion: MAACO SUX! Sell the car before problems arise.
      sigpic

Comment

haha the funny thing was i heard all this about them doign that lol, my old car (dont laugh) jetta :( lol i was in a rush to paint it and get it sold so i was gunan get one of them jobs on it haha
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

wat is maaco?

Comment

Originally posted by speedped79
            wat is maaco?
            a place that paints cars

Comment

paint jobie

i was trying to sell it, thats why i got the rush paint job. it was only $400.00, but since eveyone has told me the stories i just packed it away in the garage untill i find a new owner for it. it's a white 1998 ttops 3.8 v6 camaro. RS spoiler, 16' factory chrome wheels, headlight blackouts, front and rear bumper euro clears, remote starter, alarm, monsoon cd player, 12 disc cd changer 103,000 miles clean cloth interior...i will list it here fisrt to sell, then move it to ebay if there are no takers...i'll have pics up next week
              detroit muscle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X