Couple Questions for those with Aftermarket Hoods - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple Questions for those with Aftermarket Hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Questions for those with Aftermarket Hoods

I've been doing some browsing for an aftermarket hood, I'm not really set on any one type, I like the cowl hood, ss type, and the ultra z, but I'm wondering what the cheapest would probably be? It's obviously not the ultra z (775 at slp), but I'm wondering how much you all paid for an SS or cowl hood and what site you ordered it from? Also possibly how much to paint and prime it? Thanks in advance!
    2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Re: Couple Questions for those with Aftermarket Hoods

if I was you I would just buy the scoop from ebay and keep my hood and get it installed thats what Im planning to do I know for a fact you can get one for 69 dollars it will look good

Comment

If you want a genuine look, do not get the scoop that was suggested. The only way that scoop would look good is if you had it molded to your stock hood, but it just sticks on with 3M double sided tape otherwise.
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

naw brother you are wrong about that and I will prove it to you check this out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...52570343QQrdZ1

and if your car is red like mine is then get it painted black and it will look great take it to a body shop they will do a great job Ive seen it done before plus a few people here have done this also why pay 700 or more when you can get everything for under 150 painted and installed thats just me I don't like to do stuff how everyone else is doing it be different and unique you should see how people compliment me on my car all I can tell you is try to be a lil different and you never know what you will get in return

Comment

I thought that link was supposed to prove something??

If you want a hood that is functional, definitally do not go with what eric is saying.

I think summit racing might have an ss replica hood for a little bit cheaper, check out there website and see.
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

:rant: no eric u want to be different in a GOOD way!!!!:twak:

Comment

No, I don't really wanna just add a scoop, not my thing. I do, however, wanna save up for a hood, I'm just wondering what sites have the good bargains and what other people have had experience wise with the quality, etc.
              2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Comment

i would never put a stick on scoop thats wackk...your best bet is ebay they sell the fiberglass hood primed and ready to ship for 450 so check it out

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94...spagenameZWDVW

there you go
                  95 camaro 3.4 &lt; Jc whitney Exhaust, Chrome intake stage 2, Rk sport headers, msd dis-4, 160*thermo, Jet stage 2 chip, black racing stripes.<br /><br />91 Camaro rs 5.0 tbi gone but not forgoten

Comment

Originally posted by 95DropTop
                    and in case you don't want an all-pin-on hood

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...QQcmdZViewItem

there you go. thats prolly not the cheapest one on ebay either. just browse ebay a bit and see what you can find. if you aren't satisfied with the prices or the quality, then check out places like rksport, thunder racing, slp, lmperformance.com, etc...
                    1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

I have the ultra-z hood and i have to say that i am very satisfied with it. Very well made and great fit. And where i live i seem to be the only one with it, so i get a lot of looks. I like it, but that's just my opinion. You judge for yourself.

Got rice?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X