upgrade to interior ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade to interior ?

This week I would like to do something with my interior. It is mostly stock now. I have Lloyd floor mats but thats about it.
    I'm thinking about starting with my HVAC control panal. Taking off my knobs, cut a piece of metal to fit the area, drill holes in the metal for the 3 knobs and defrost button, polish the metal, place the metal in place with a little adhesive, and then put the knobs back on. Any suggestions to this? I'm sure its already been done before.
    If you all have any other interior upgrade ideas that are kinda cheap and I can finish up in week I would like to hear them. Thanks

Re: upgrade to interior ?

dunno what year your car is, but 98+ you can rip the rubber off the HVAC knobs to make them clear.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Its a 1998 firebird. My friend took the rubber off of her knobs on her cavalier. It looked good in her car. I might try that. I actually have an extra set of knobs, so if I don't like it I'm not stuck with it. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

There is a difference between Firebird and Camaro knobs. The Camaro knobs stick out farther than the firebird knobs. The Camaro knob glows bluish and the Firebird red.
        The knob itself is white instead of clear under the rubber on the firebird. The extra set of knobs I mentioned above were from a Camaro and they were clear under the rubber.
        I removed the rubber from the Camaro knobs, didn't care for the all clear look. I put the rubber back on, but left the blue glow indicator piece off. So I was left with black knobs with a clear indicator. I'm not even sure if I will use them on my firebird but they look good so I might.

I guess I'm still going to try to place the polished metal behind my knobs. What kind of metal would work the best? Aluminium?

Comment

ya just some good ole' sheet metal from home depot should work ok.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

nice! thanks. I'll keep my progress posted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X