Upgrading car's parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrading car's parts

Im still unsuccessful in taking off my airbags Im confused cause some people say disconnect the battery but what does this have to do with my airbag I thought the airbag was just a bag that activated when you get into a wreck is there some kind of motor I don't know about that I have to take apart also.

Comment

eric, be careful or your going to f u c k i n g kill yourself. Disconnect the battery first,wait 30 minutes, then remove the airbag fuse. also, go on ls1tech.com and lookup removal instrustions because there is a harness that you have to disconnect and reconnect or your car wont start. I made a write up on how to use a manual shift on an automatic f-body, I'll post it in the app forum, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by eric v6
        Im still unsuccessful in taking off my airbags Im confused cause some people say disconnect the battery but what does this have to do with my airbag I thought the airbag was just a bag that activated when you get into a wreck is there some kind of motor I don't know about that I have to take apart also.
        dude! if you dont disconnect your battery, and the airbag goes off, then you are out of luck.

Comment

you can be seriously injured messing with the airbags when you dont know what youre doing. honestly, they dont weigh that much are there are many other things you can remove beforethe airbag to save weight, especially since the airbags are 2 of the most important parts in the car. if you still want to take them out, find someone who "knows what they are doing", and let them hurt themselves messing with it.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

wtf? thats retarded, there are far better things u can remove. try ur ac system, ur back seats, spare tire, jack, etc. if ur makin ur car into a stripper, then remove the carpet too. and then door panels.

dont take out the airbag til uve learned and researched it
            *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

Originally posted by 916Topherv6
              wtf? thats retarded, there are far better things u can remove. try ur ac system, ur back seats, spare tire, jack, etc. if ur makin ur car into a stripper, then remove the carpet too. and then door panels.

dont take out the airbag til uve learned and researched it

now why in the hell would I take out my ac hot as it is in houston there is no way I would drive around without a ac in my car that is the main thing I bought my car for cause everything worked like it should including ac. What about when its cold then when you drive you freeze yoh *** off there no way but the airbags I gotta do because I just bought a new steering wheel and personally I think the camaro steering wheels are big and ugly they may save your life but thats all part of when you change your car

Comment

i still wouldn't take out the passenger air bag. the driver's, i get b/c of the new wheel, but why mess with the passenger? there seems to be more cons than pros.
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

I was trying to thik of a positive.... and I came up with one. If he got in a minor crash and the Air Bags went off it could rip up the whole dash, (it happened to my 94, not my fault though)

but i would defenitly NOT recommend taking them out, because I can tell you that my airbag saved me some of my teeth.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

why change the passanger airbag?

on my car the steering wheel goes on the driver's side. :D

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
                      why change the passanger airbag?

on my car the steering wheel goes on the driver's side. :D
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X