Got a ticket for my blackouts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a ticket for my blackouts...

last friday night, i got a ticket for my tail lights, he said that my tail lights were out...but when i went back there to look at them, they were clearly on, he said that the only thing i was seeing was the reflection of his headlights in my tail lights, which was stupid... anyways once i got my ticket, i went back to my house and checked it out and they were not out...

ok so today i went to the police station to pay my ticket and show them that the tail lights worked, and that the only reason he couldnt see them was because of my blackouts, the cop that came and looked at them said that what i could is drill three holes into the black outs so that the light can still shine through them..

anyways should i do this? or has anyone had to, and does it look ok? i was thinkin about using that nightshade stuff, can u see threw that better than blackouts? thanks
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/808840\" target=\"_blank\">My 1996 V6 T-Top Camaro</a>

Re: Got a ticket for my blackouts...

where do u live!? just take the blackouts off and go pay ur ticket, then put them back on or use niteshades
    *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

you can not see through nightshades better
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

YES u can, it all depends on how much u put on, i have about 3 coats. and u can see my lights perfectly.

Comment

but 3 coats doesnt look like black outs. probally looked more "smoked" than black.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

actually it does look like black out, here are two different cars with 3 coats

and car two

Comment

i live in del city, oklahoma, i got the ticket in del city too, thats the reason why im kinda scared to put them back on, because i drive around this area all the time... and about the idea the cop at the station gave me, it seems like it would a little tacky... with the three holes in each tail light
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/808840\" target=\"_blank\">My 1996 V6 T-Top Camaro</a>

Comment

I have smoke lenses. A couple of cop cars have been behind me and I've had no problems so far. I guess the cops in Oklahoma don't believe in warnings? I've never heard of someone getting a ticket even for a burnt out tail-light unless they've already been warned. That just sucks man!

Comment

they need to see your reflectors. that is big thing here.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    1 day ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X