body work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body work...

i am finnaly getting around to replacing my fender and bumper cover, but do not know where to start

i have someone to paint it as soon as i get them on, but i dont know what all i will need to do the swap

i know i will need some small hardware such as the pins that hold them on, and i will also need a new black peice for the right fender well...

any suggestions?

i want to start this when i do my brakes, just so i can do it all at once
    White 1998 3.8L Camaro
    Home Ram Air / Free Flow Intake
    Drilled / Slotted Rotors with black painted Calipers

Re: body work...

take your time. is about all i have!
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6 lets just say it breathes easy <br />*RedLineVSix*<br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.redlinevsix.com</a><br />1993 Camaro A4 16.67 1/4 SOLD

Comment

If you are replacing the bumper or fenders, why not just use the hardware that is currently holding the stuff on??? There are no pins that I am aware of, and the bolts and screws that are currently holding your stuff on should do just fine (as long as you don't break them). You should do any brake-work first before the body. Just do them seperately. No need to worry about two seperate sections at once. And TAKE YOUR TIME like stated above! Most often you screw up when you're in a hurry. You get better results when you set a pace and allow time for mistakes.
      sigpic

Comment

i am missing random plastic pins, and i am not sure of where to get the black plastic for the fender well (which is also cracked)
        White 1998 3.8L Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by dorkins
          i am missing random plastic pins
          Oh, I forgot about those. If you cannot find any of those pins, just use a simple nut & bolt. Just leave the bolt somewhat loose to allow the bumper to flex a bit.
          sigpic

Comment

where do i get a new one of those?
            White 1998 3.8L Camaro

Comment

where do i get a new one of those?

what yer and model ??

Comment

98 camaro
                White 1998 3.8L Camaro

Comment

98 camaro
                  go to your local GM dealer and ask for the slash guards. when i was fixing my car, i figured they're no big deal, ill get aftermarket ones. i was wrong, the aftermarket ones SUCKED they were paper thin, holes were all off. they sucked. i ended up going to the dealership for them. thats your best bet.
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                    go to your local GM dealer and ask for the slash guards. when i was fixing my car, i figured they're no big deal, ill get aftermarket ones. i was wrong, the aftermarket ones SUCKED they were paper thin, holes were all off. they sucked. i ended up going to the dealership for them. thats your best bet.
                    thanks
                    do you remember how much they were for just 1?
                    White 1998 3.8L Camaro

Comment

Those plastic pins, they sell at painters supply or quilivant. Just go to Body Shop supply store and chances are, they would have a rack with bunch of plastic pins and body panel screws for GM, CHrystler, and Ford.
                      1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        5 hours ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X