Fixing my paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing my paint

ok, I have severely bad sun damage on my paint. it is all over each part of my car that is horizontal except my spoiler. until now, i wasnt sure if the paint itself was damaged or just the clear. well, today, i noticed a nice shiny spot on my hood in the shape of a chip in the paint. after looking closely, its seems the clear is going to start chipping off revealing good pewter paint underneath. just for ****s and giggles, i picked at it and more came off easily revealing once again, good pewter paint. I asked my body shop back in the day if they could wet saint it and reclear but they said no because they dont know if its just the clear or the paint itself that is damaged. now that it appears its just the clear, do you think they could reclear it? do you think i could use something to pull the clear off the car and wax it or something to protect the paint? if so, what could i use? do you think a clay bar or something would pull the clear off? I need help!
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Re: Fixing my paint

IMO Since it is flaking down to the paint that it SHOULD be re-painted and cleared. If the paint it self is not protected the paint would not match all over and will look not so good. My advice would be to save up the money and get it taken care of properly. It will maintain your value better then just a reclear and will look like it is supposed to! If you were closer I would say I can take care of the hood (prep,paint,clear and a little bit of buffing to make it shine for $275. What ever you do if it will be re-ANYTHINGED DONT WAX IT!!!! It will make the body shops day really bad and could make the paint and clear fisheye and separate.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6 lets just say it breathes easy <br />*RedLineVSix*<br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.redlinevsix.com</a><br />1993 Camaro A4 16.67 1/4 SOLD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
      Good to see the site is back up
      by 2.8 Bird
      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
      4 hours ago
    • FirebirdGT
      New Site Hosting Issues
      by FirebirdGT
      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
      1 week ago
    • LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X