Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side marker bulb

for my 194 side marker bulbs should i go for these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/194-1...temZ8047156010 (1 LED)

OR these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/194-1...ayphotohosting (6 LED)

Re: side marker bulb

why not just get reg bulbs? i myself hate those bright a$$ bulbs.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

do you have clears or regular turn signals?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Get some of these:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-HID...QQcmdZViewItem
        (5 LED)
        They should illuminate better than the one's you posted.
        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

i just bought a clear lens, which is why the original 194 looks yellow now. I want to replace it with something that's more "white" but won't look bad.

Comment

what if I just take the 194s out completely and have no runners?

Comment

Originally posted by s4983
              Then say hey to the cop for me. I think that if you put a white light where there should be an amber, you'll be a target for cops, even more so if you are missing the bulb. If you have clear front corners I would suggest a yellow LED... So that the bulb is white, till it's lit. I put red 194s in my rear clear markers and you can still see the red bulb... I'm gonna have to get some LEDs for those.

Rob
              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                Then say hey to the cop for me. I think that if you put a white light where there should be an amber, you'll be a target for cops, even more so if you are missing the bulb. If you have clear front corners I would suggest a yellow LED... So that the bulb is white, till it's lit. I put red 194s in my rear clear markers and you can still see the red bulb... I'm gonna have to get some LEDs for those.

Rob
                It's not illegal to have white bulbs in the clears up front - at least in Florida. Second, he was asking about the sidemarkers anyway... I also have the red 194's and you can see the bulb, and I don't like that. I may be getting ready to VHT my sidemarkers, we'll see.

I'd recommend the last post w/the refracting 194's. JMO.
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackMaro
                  It's not illegal to have white bulbs in the clears up front - at least in Florida. Second, he was asking about the sidemarkers anyway... I also have the red 194's and you can see the bulb, and I don't like that. I may be getting ready to VHT my sidemarkers, we'll see.

I'd recommend the last post w/the refracting 194's. JMO.
                  Yeah, you're right it's not illegal to have white instead of amber, because most cars have DRLs anyway, I was speeking more of the no bulb at all. I'm not real sure about the laws, just that I wouldn't want to ask to get pulled over.

I'm gonna have to get some of those red refracting also.

Rob
                  \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

www.superbrightleds.com

That is where I got my 194 replacement LEDs

I went with red single LED wedge base bulbs because I wanted the light to emit to the sides to fill out the whole light, rather than just a red "dot", which is how LEDs are supposed to shine.
                    --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

Hey thev6Bird: did you order the ones that have the inverted cone at the end?

I just placed an order for a pair of those in white.

Thanks

Comment

just get some amber bulbs that are in a chrome colored lens. looks great and still amber colored lights. LED's are pretty directional and never look right.
                        Dave:
                        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by s4983
                          this just reminded me, when i first bought my car the tail light was out i opened it up and the bulb was a rusted i couldnt tell what the # was so i put the lens back on kept the bulb out to take in the auto parts store. well jumped in to start it up and nothing!!! just the security light blinking on the dash. put the bulb back in and tried to start it again and bamn!! started right up. don't know what that was all about but have since learned that there is a lot of things about the lighting on that car that i dont understand

Comment

not trying to hijack the thread just curious if anyone knows how if can change the light in the console that displays the shifter (automatic P R N OD D 2 1) to red?

Comment

Originally posted by buellxb12s
                              not trying to hijack the thread just curious if anyone knows how if can change the light in the console that displays the shifter (automatic P R N OD D 2 1) to red?
                              yep, its a 74 size bulb. mine is blue.
                              Dave:
                              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X