Firebird Fog light Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird Fog light Covers

Has anyone tried to make there own fog and turn signal light covers. I am thinking of taking some plexiglass and cutting it out to fit the light and using velcro to attach it.Then using VHT Nightshades to cover it and then clear it. I am doing this becasue my father want let me just paint the lights. He is afraid i will mess them up.So let me know if anyone has tried this and what you think about it.

Re: Firebird Fog light Covers

what year firebird are we talking about here?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

It is a 1999. Sorry

Comment

http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/g...ers~parts.html

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I am thinking of making my own for the fog lights and the turn signals.

Comment

those are for a 98 mine is different i have the two lights down there? is the picture diff from the product?
            \"its been long over due\"

Comment

That is what i am talking about i have 2 foglights and 2 turnsignals. I was gonna cover them all with plexiglass and nightshade.

Comment

i want to make my yellow ones clear so if you figure out something email me sleepy61904@yahoo.com
                \"its been long over due\"

Comment

I don't think anybody makes them right now.
                  Last edited by FAD2BLK; 05-04-2006, 04:03 AM.
                  1998 Firebird w/ LS1 & A Few Mods<br /><br />Pictures--&gt;<a href=\"http://www.fad2blk.smugmug.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fad2blk.smugmug.com</a>

Comment

After reading this post several times I became interested in try this out myself.
                    A short history: My turn signal lenses had hairline cracks in them that allowed water and moisture to filter into my turn signal and bust the bulb. After changing a half dozen bulbs or so I decided to put a sealer on the lense. It served its purpose of keeping moisture out of the turn signal but it left my lenses "drabby looking".
                    I read this post and decided to try it out. I started out with measuring the turn signal lenses and the fog light lenses. The turn signal was 3.5" and the fog light was around 4.5". I went to a local hardware store and had a 1' X 2' piece of plexiglass cut. It costed $5.
                    I brought my new project home and made templates of the turn signal and fog lights, then traced them on to the plexiglass. Cutting was the next step. My cutting skills are a bit "lacking" but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ended up with something that resembled a circle so I was happy! I placed the cut pieces over the lenses to make sure everything fit up everything seemed good so it was time to paint.
                    I didn't have any VHT nite-shades paint (that was mentioned) so I just used some good gloss black spray paint. I think this was mentioned on this site one time, but it worth saying again that you should place all your pieces close together and paint them all at the same time. If you try to paint piece by piece you are more likely to have darker or lighter pieces that don't match. All of the covers were evenly painted black and are starting to look like something.
                    This is were my story comes to an end. I havn't decided on how to mount the covers on to the lenses. I think Velcro was mentioned. I've thought about glue or good double sided tape. Any suggestions?

Comment

hehe, yes. the picture is of a subaru. it is a general "these are fog light covers" picture. all 98+ have the same front end, of course.
                      Last edited by Loochy88; 05-04-2006, 01:41 PM.

Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I went ahead and attached the covers tonight. I used Velcro that I bought at AutoZone for $3.17. $8.17 total cost for the project. (I already had paint)

I can't decide if I like them or not.. and I wish I could post a pic for you all to put your thoughts into it.

Just a couple of tips for anybody that might try this:

Make a good template to start with

Make sure you buy a little extra plexiglass if your not sure about your cutting skills

Only paint one side of the plexiglass. I placed the painted side toward the lense. It left me with a nice shiney looking piece.

Don't paint too dark

Good luck

Comment

Is there any Foglightcover for the 93-97 Firebirds ?

<i><b><br />1995 Convertible - - JUICED <br />There´s a difference between living and being alive - <a href=\"http://members.inode.at/christian.pichler\" target=\"_blank\">www.CLC1.de</a></b></i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            3 days ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X