Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackouts

I had blackouts for awhile.. I got pulled over for them. I think he said they were illegal during the day. So theyve been sitting in my garage. But I love the look of them on cars. Its just too bad they dim the lights soo much.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

illegal during the day? man that sucks, i got VHT Nightshade on the way, i hope i dont get **** about that. of coarse i live in virginia, so i porbably will. maybe if i left my third brake light untouched, or only one coat on it, i wouldnt get any problems. sound like a good idea?

Comment

they are illegal all day, but is like tinting your windows too dark, cops usually dont care unless you give them a reason. ive had mine on for 6 years without one problem.

in fact, the one time i got pulled over they didnt even mention them.

they are dangerous at night when you are not in the car, as they cover your reflectors. thats probably what the cop was refering to. if you park the car at night anywhere but your garage/driveway, think about taking them off i guess.
        Last edited by Loochy88; 05-03-2006, 02:48 PM.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

damn i didnt think about that, and i guess there goes nightshadeing my side reflectors too, cause i park on narrow street, maybe i'd be alright if i got the Camaro inserts that are reflective, dang i jsut dont know what to do, cause i want to black out everything.

Comment

Here are some pictures I just took with brakes on, reverse lights, and signal. Its been raining here for the last 5 days so I haven't had a chance to clean the car.

This one is with the garage closed
            -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Scarano
              Those look nice. I am not too crazy about appearance mods like this, but I think they are OK because they don't really stand out and yell at you (like an overly flashy ricer wing or big sticker!). I have a black firebird, 97.. I was thinking about getting a set of these too. I think the overall black along with the tint will look nice. But tell me, are these easy to put on? How exactly do they go on -- with velcro or sticker? Thanks.

Update.. I too a look at imperformance.com and I see they are selling the following:

LUND Tail light Blackout 93-02 Firebird (pair) for $59.95
              VENTSHADE Tail light Blackout 93-02 Firebird (pair) for $69.95

Any recommendations/advice welcome! Thanks.
              I think my parents got me these ones. Thats the ones I told them to get, so I'm guessing thats it. $59.00
              -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Been doing a little looking around, and I think the popular brand of blackouts for our cars is the AVS (auto ventshade). I think what you have are the AVS blackout lights if I am not mistaken. The reference to LUND in a previous post is a company which sells the AVS blackout lenses.

Comment

Question for anyone that might know -- I heard that the blackout taillight lenses can sometimes cause the actual tail lights to warp from heat buildup? Eeewww.. can someone confirm if this is true? I'd hate to buy a set of these and then take them off to see a mutated tail light.

Comment

ive only seen it once. ive had mine on for years and no problems. oddly enough the car i saw with the warped tails had those cover with the slits in them.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
                      ive only seen it once. ive had mine on for years and no problems. oddly enough the car i saw with the warped tails had those cover with the slits in them.
                      It'll be 2 year this summer with mine on. I never take them off, and no problems.:tup:
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Dudes, I just installed a set of AVS blackouts on my rear lights. They look really sharp, and the covers pop on/off. I never had to use any velcro/tape or anything, come to think of it, no such adhesives came in the box.

Anyway, I find myself afraid to drive my car now thinking these damn things will fall off. They seem to be secure, they snap on well. However, I keep thinking the lack of some adhesive I will drive over a bump and off they go.

Anyone else here with the AVS pop ons for the Firebird or Camaro? Ever had them fall off or worried to take your car out thinking they will fall or get stolen?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarano
                          Dudes, I just installed a set of AVS blackouts on my rear lights. They look really sharp, and the covers pop on/off. I never had to use any velcro/tape or anything, come to think of it, no such adhesives came in the box.

Anyway, I find myself afraid to drive my car now thinking these damn things will fall off. They seem to be secure, they snap on well. However, I keep thinking the lack of some adhesive I will drive over a bump and off they go.

Anyone else here with the AVS pop ons for the Firebird or Camaro? Ever had them fall off or worried to take your car out thinking they will fall or get stolen?
                          That's odd. Mine came w/tape and velcro.... you sure none were in the box?
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

I have had the blackouts since I got my Camaro last winter. I've had no problems with distortion of my tail-lights or having the lenses fall off when driving. They seem to be fairly sturdy and so if I were you I wouldn't worry about it. I work right near a police station, and so I constantly have cops sitting behind me at lights on me way to and from work...never had any problems, day or night.
                            Loochy, I have a question for ya: how did you blackout your third brake light? Is that a tint or did you spray it? I've tried tinting mine but with the writing that sticks up on the lense it doesn't do a nice job.

Comment

i've had my actual tail lights warp a little.. its hardly noticeable, and kinda looks cool
                              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i'm not really a fan of black outs, unless it's a black car. but that looks pretty good
                                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                  New Site Hosting Issues
                                  by FirebirdGT
                                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                  1 week ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X