Painting parts of the disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting parts of the disk

I will be painting the calipers on my car this week and wanted to know if it possible to also paint the center part (hub) and the circomference (spelling?) of the disk. I want to do that so that it doesn't rust. I'm putting on new disks so it would be pretty easy and would look cleaner. I wonder if painting the center part of the disk would prevent the wheel from properly seating on the disk and hub and if the paint on the outside diameter would make the disk dissipate heat slower.

Thank you.
    Got rice?

Re: Painting parts of the disk

I took the brakes and wire brushed them, then cleaned it with brake cleaner..and now paint!!

looks Like this:

Comment

Re: Painting parts of the disk

id be wary about painting the edge of the rotor. i think that rust is unavoidable.

you can paint the hub but make sure you use some good stuff. i painted em with 1200 degree paint and all the surfaces where the wheel is against the rotor the paint is just gone. otherwise it is helping to prevent the rest of the hub from rusting.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X