how do i get glue off from removing decals? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i get glue off from removing decals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i get glue off from removing decals?

I recently removed some decals that were on my car, but now there is glue or whatever that didn't come off. Any suggestions how to get this off without messing up the paint? thanks in advance
    \'98 3.8L m5<br /><br />whisper lid<br />SLP CAI <br />lsd <br />3.73 gears <br />Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust

Re: how do i get glue off from removing decals?

3m adhesive remover...or goo gone. Works everytime.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

^^ I used the 3M adhesive removed on a ton of cars and it works awesome!
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

just put some wax over it afterwards, the adhesive remover removes everything....same with the goo gone.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i just used a heat gun while removing the decals and they came right off with no sticky stuff on my car
          \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

i have removed vinyl from over 500 cars since i started working in the sign business my best results come from

vinyl removal- heat gun. if you dont get it too hot just hot enough to peel then you might not leave glue but most of the time the heat gun is the reason you have glue resdue you get the vinyl too hot and the glue separates, its still a lot better than just peeling it off without a gun.

glue= most glue removers will work with enough time and enegry. if you have some glue that just WILL NOT come off, then you need to introduce that glue to a slovent called toulene. it can be bought straight or it's also in laquar thinner its real cheap and that glue does not stand a chance. just use common sense when using it. you should try goo-gone first if that doesn't work or you have alot of glue to remove then toulene is a very good solution;)

Comment

i got to thinking about my above reply and i think i should add this:

if you have no idea how to use a solvent properly do not just start splashing this stuff on your paint. if you get sloppy or get it in the wrong places you could mess somthing up and i would hate to have you use my advice and damage your car. if anyone would like, i could do a write up on how to use it i would just do a write up anyway but i dont know if the need is really there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                2 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X