Got a new Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new Hood

Bought it used from a local car club member for 300 already painted. Its a Functional fiberglass aftermarket hood which was originally bought from a local f-body store so the brand is unknown. Im going to have my car painted hopefully in about 3weeks so it will be color matched perfectly. I did a quick fitment by myself in my driveway but i think other than it needs to come forward a little, I think i did pretty good otherwise. Let me know what you guys think.

I have looked at all the different strips people have and I think i really like this strip combo which i could have actually painted on my car. What do you guys think? If you go to my cardomain page and look on page 5, you can see a closer picture to see the pin stripping

Last edited by BLLDOGG; 05-07-2006, 03:46 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Re: Got a new Hood

i love it. i wish i had an ss hood sometimes. and yes black stripes + pewter = :)
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

looks good :)
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

dude get hood pins, or your going to regret that later when you hood pops open and smashes into your windsheild while your driving. happened to by fiance. and the hood was a direct fit hood. i won't mess with that! other than that, looks good
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Looks good. Head lights need a good polishing though.

It might as well be in textbooks... pewter camaro + wheels + black strips = hotness

Comment

Wow you got a hell of a deal. Looks good flows really well with your car. Stripe combo looks good, id go for it. Are those black out or nightshades on the turn signals? looks good whatever it is. are you planning on anything else apperance wise? a nice suttle spoiler maybe rs or ss would match up well. never seen a rs spoiler with a ss hood though, might look kool and different. as was said id polish the head lights too.

Originally posted by kristen
            dude get hood pins, or your going to regret that later when you hood pops open and smashes into your windsheild while your driving. happened to by fiance. and the hood was a direct fit hood. i won't mess with that! other than that, looks good
            Yes we know kristen, everytime someone even mentions something about a hood you tell us. A properly fitted hood will not fly up. Obviously with a new hood your going to have to make sure everything is fitted securely. They are not neccasary, and most people dont like the look of them. Not saying it it was his fault in anyway, but obviously something wasnt right there.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by kristen

yea, but according to your cardomain, he drives a mustang, that explains it.

just kiddin, but i LOVE your car, you have done the same things i have/want to do to mine.

Comment

yeah, I dont like hood pins so i think i'll try and figure out something else like a cable attached somewhere underneath just in case. I'll figure it out.

I plan on buying an SS spoiler soon, used hopefully. I want the xenon body kit and some nice wheels. probably c6. lower it in the future and that should round everything out for the outside.

Comment

The aftermarket hood on my 3.4 went 110 mph many times and stayed secure. Looks good, really adds to the stance of the car.
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I know the hood is functional, but does it go straight into the intake just like an ss would?

Comment

www.3rdgendecals.com , This might show you some stuff. If you havent already seen it that is. like 4 different hocky style stripes, 4 diff SS hoods and stripes , and side flags kinda interesting
                      Last edited by 01PewterDropTop; 05-07-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                        yeah, I dont like hood pins so i think i'll try and figure out something else like a cable attached somewhere underneath just in case. I'll figure it out.

I plan on buying an SS spoiler soon, used hopefully. I want the xenon body kit and some nice wheels. probably c6. lower it in the future and that should round everything out for the outside.
                        That will look wicked! good luck on it man!
                        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

thanks for the link. I have seen probably all the different strips and such but i'll take a look.

it raps back around to the front of the intake like an ss but i dont know how close it gets. I have the font plugged right now because i have the Austin SSRA kit but im going to take it out to open that part also. As far as im awair, the stock SS intake just has an opening like ours that the hood comes down right in front of it so in a way, its working properly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            2 days ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X