Installed some foglights and new switch panel - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed some foglights and new switch panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed some foglights and new switch panel

Seen another member do it, and i liked how it was stealthy. adds a nice bit of extra lighting, go them for 20 bucks at walmart. i kept getting pulled over for my stock ones since there purple now, but i wanted to keep them. the new ones work better anyway. Took about an hour to install and was easy, i didnt use any of the wireing harness that came with it though. The switch panel is just some thin sheet metal sprayed with some truck bed liner.

Cant really see them here(this was the point of it):

A little closer look:

Just the fogs on:

New fogs and factory fogs:
    Last edited by articacid; 05-07-2006, 06:17 PM.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Re: Installed some foglights and new switch panel

Fogs and headlights on:

Switches:
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Where did you get the switch panel or did you make it yourself. Do you know if they make those for the 93-97s? Also is it just me or do you factory fogs seem pink? Like what you did with the new lights. How much brighter is it?

Comment

well, from what he said, they are suppose to be purple but life isnt perfect. i did that mod to my car and i got the idea off a member who was in the military whom i havent seen post in forever. I like the switch panel. more details on that.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

The fogs are supposed to be purple but it such a hard color to replicate in light. purple neons are pink, unless you go black light(UV).

i think it was yours blldogg that i seen it on.

the switch panel, i made. i bought 3 led toggle switches from walmart for 12 bucks and had some thin sheetmetal laying around. measured the size of the ashtray thing. i cut the rectangle out, i cut it a little big though leaving about 1/4 in on the top, bottom and both sides. the i folded the extra 1/4 in tabs back to help hold it in place. drilled the holes test fitted the switches. then took them back out and sprayed it with some truck bed liner i got at walmart for 7 bucks. really not much too it, but it did come out nice. it nice too becuz the leds light up only when there on, so its hard to forget there on. the chrome switch on the right is a manual fan switch im sure uve seen around. i can turn them on high/low, leds show what speed there on, even if the computer turns them on.

Comment

nice! I never thought of using truck bed liner to give metal a rough appearance.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Nice so i'm assuming this can be done on the bigger space on the 93-97? I might try that when i get time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                2 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X