Painting license plate cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting license plate cover

I am thinking of painting the front license plate cover to add some coolness to my car. It is silver and I am thinkin of doing an electron blue accent. My question is: What type of paint should I use for this? I've heard of guys using model car paint. I just don't want the paint to fall off of it.
    2000 M5 SILVER FIREBIRD<br />*Flowmaster 80<br />*K&N air filter<br />*SLP LCAs<br />*Fast Toys CAI

Re: Painting license plate cover

Krylon Fushion works great on plastics
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
      Krylon Fushion works great on plastics
      Never heard of it. Where would I get some? Thanks for the reply too.
      2000 M5 SILVER FIREBIRD<br />*Flowmaster 80<br />*K&N air filter<br />*SLP LCAs<br />*Fast Toys CAI

Comment

Walmart, Lowes, other places like that. maybe even oreillys and autozone. Krylon Fushion is a spray paint just so you know.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
          Walmart, Lowes, other places like that. maybe even oreillys and autozone. Krylon Fushion is a spray paint just so you know.
          Oh. I just want to paint the firebird on the cover. So that won't work too well. Any other ideas?

Comment

Most people use a vinyl sticker to do their front bird. There are a lot of internet sites that sell them. This is just one I found http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/frontbird.JPG
            When I did mine I took the cover off and sent it to the local graphics shop in town. It turn out wonderful.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              2 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X