PROTOTYPING NEW 4th GEN 98 - 02 CAMARO BODY KIT - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROTOTYPING NEW 4th GEN 98 - 02 CAMARO BODY KIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROTOTYPING NEW 4th GEN 98 - 02 CAMARO BODY KIT

im only going to say that i have recently come into some industrial supplies and machines..i am going to start working on a prototype for a new 4th gen body kit..its going to be a totally new design constructed from urethane with pattent pending..i am starting out with 98 - 02..which the 93 - 97 guys would still be able to use some of it

i wanted to get some ideas..what would you guys like to see?? (pictures/photoshops would help) ..i have a couple ideas of my own..but who better to get more ideas from than the fbody community?

(construction of a new prototype 98 - 02 grille has already started (pattent pending)..look for it soon ..all i can say is that it will be just as good as the name brand ones out there but will sell for around half the price

in the future i will also be creating other items such as headlight covers, taillight covers, guage pods, etc that will all be quality for a fraction of the prices you see out there now)

so lets see it guys..what do you want??...
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Re: PROTOTYPING NEW 4th GEN 98 - 02 CAMARO BODY KIT

I'd like to see a kit that isn't flashy and looks like part of the car. Something that's nice but simple.

Would you be able to look into making a rear seat delete that could hold subwoofers?
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

I like the look of the factory ground effects and xenon kit. Mabey you can do something similar to that.
      -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

maybe you can make a gauge pod housing that will go in one of my bird's vents :)

Comment

Originally posted by huggercamaro99
          I like the look of the factory ground effects and xenon kit. Mabey you can do something similar to that.
          yeah one of my ideas was kinda of mixing the factory and xenon kits..sort of a toned down xenon kit
          <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Yeah, I always thought that the xenon was a little too big in the front. Mabey if it were a little slimmer like the stock Gfx but still make it thicker like the xenon. It should be connected together in the middle as one peice and in the middle though it wouldn't hang as low. Are you still following me what I'm trying to explain.
            Mabey I'll try drawing what I mean and post a picuture sometime. Warning-I'm not that good of a drawer.
            -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

I would like something similar to the rk sport style, but not as low to the ground "similar to the way you set up yours". and mabye some nice holes in the front for the airdam and people with ram air ducts.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
              Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
              http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

side skirts should be VERY simple, i think the xenon sides are too much, they just dont flow with the car. As for the rear, something like the wings west rear would be nice. something that makes it look like its meant to have a dual outlet exhaust.
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

A little sketch I did. Just messing around.

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                    side skirts should be VERY simple, i think the xenon sides are too much, they just dont flow with the car. As for the rear, something like the wings west rear would be nice. something that makes it look like its meant to have a dual outlet exhaust.
                    I totally agree with everything you said. If i could peice together a body kit, it would definatly be the xenon front, smooth, simple sides, and a mix between the xenon and WW back. something to make it look like said above, it was meant for duals.
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ok..this is what i will be offering..i am starting with just a front section..it will be perfect for (guys like me) people who do not want to spend the time and money on an entire kit..or just dont like the look of an entire kit..but still want the more agressive front end that still matches up to the rest of the car (as far as the hieght of the sides)..it is also going to blend into the rest of the car's front end so it will all look like one piece..

it is basically going to be a hybrid of the xenon and rksport front..the front will look very similar to the rksport front..but the matierial will rise up on the sides to the top of the bumper cover and will rise in the front up to the grille..this will make it a lot smoother and make it look less like two pieces and more like just one..the very front and center is going to have two long slim oval holes..they can either be left as they are or backed with mesh..this will allow air flow to the radiator so you do not have to swap your air dam for one like rksport's (which comes down 2" lower) ..this will save some labor time and you will still have the same clearance under the car that you have now..due to the increase in the amount of material used to make it smooth to the car it will sell for somewhere around $200

prototyping will start in about a week :)

(and no i am not disclosing where i am getting the materials or how much they cost etc.)

ideas are still being worked up for a full kit..but this will require very detailed castings etc so dont expect it any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                        I'd like to see a kit that isn't flashy and looks like part of the car. Something that's nice but simple.

Would you be able to look into making a rear seat delete that could hold subwoofers?
                        :tup:
                        I agree with that, and second it. A rear seat delete would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Crispy
                          :tup:
                          I agree with that, and second it. A rear seat delete would be awesome.
                          probably..i really only want to focus on one project at a time right now..but anyways..i could probably do it but it would DEFINITELY not come cheap

Comment

yeah rear seat delete would be awsome but make it a lighter version
                            2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

if u can replicate the front to look like this, id be interested
                              *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X