painting a billet grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting a billet grille

i was thinking about getting a billet grille off ebay, and i was toying with the idea of painting it completely black.

what type of paint would i use to paint it? would i need special paint since it is aluminum? i have access to a paint booth at school, so i might be able to do a better job there.

i also have stock headlights and do not plan doing anything with them, except maybe buffing them out.
    Last edited by frusciante fan; 05-17-2006, 10:12 PM.

Re: painting a billet grille

you can buy a completely black grill you know. at least when i bought mine back in the day you could.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i've checked on ebay but i can't find ones completely blacked out. there are however ones that are painted black except the front outer edges.

Comment

well you know, there are companies outside of ebay ;)

If anything, you could prep the surface and any good metal paint should work
        Last edited by BLLDOGG; 05-17-2006, 10:51 PM.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

uh...dont most people buy billet grilles for the chrome look?(i did) to match my rims, why paint it? stupid idea if you ask me
          \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99 RS Camaro
            uh...dont most people buy billet grilles for the chrome look?(i did) to match my rims, why paint it? stupid idea if you ask me
            I disagree. With my car, I think a chrome grille would look dumb since I have no "bling" on my car. It's an all dark scheme. I've been looking for an all black billet grille, but i havne't found one yet. i'm back and forth between a black billet and a wings west grille.
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

Get a Billet Grille leave it chromed will look sweet on that car i got mine off of Ebay cost less then 45$ shipped :P

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                1 day ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X