10 year anniversary! Story & Pictures - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 year anniversary! Story & Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year anniversary! Story & Pictures

I put this together about a month ago, little late in posting.

My RS turned 10 today. It was picked up on the evening of April 29th, 1996. It has been a one owner car: me. I have 2 Camaros now. That’s all I’ve driven since I got my license, a 4th Generation Camaro. Admittedly, I first learned to drive in a blazer and putted around in that for a couple months. However, it was such a short time I don’t really count it. I picked up my RS brand new with 106 miles on the clock. Ten years later it has 77,000. I have to say this has been one of the most reliable cars one could ever have. (I’ve never owned any other car, what do I know!). Just change all the regular items that need changing and go on my way. The car still has the original battery, alternator, and window motors (ha).

200 horsepower was pretty cool to have - in ’96. I did small things to help out over the years. Your common K&N FIPK and cat-back exhaust for a little noise and pep, and some SS style rims and strut tower brace for a little better handling. Thankfully, the car that we picked out had the welcome Y87 package. Disc brakes and 3.42 gears were among the best improvements over a base model. I’ve read the message boards over the years and observed many people modifying their rides. It is quite impressive to read about those few people running low 13’s, 12’s and 11’s in their sixes. Unfortunately I know I won’t get there. I took a different path in life (drumming in bands) and never concentrated on becoming mechanically inclined.

In the meantime my RS is the best daily driver for me. I’ve tried to wash it almost every weekend over the span of 10+ years. What does the future bring? I’d love to buy a beater (hopefully fall ’06) and take my RS off daily driving activity. Garage it. Once that happens I’d want a complete professional paint job. All ground effects and spoilers removed, re-painted, and re-installed. Same color, nothing fancy. There’s something about a shiny white F-body, you don’t see very many. I can’t say my RS will stay a V6 forever either. The next big thing would be to drop a nice V8 motor in there and back up the good looks. Kudos to the people who do custom superchargers/turbos etc. It’s not for me this time.

It’s exciting to see a new Camaro in our future. I know I’d never buy one. My attraction started with the 4th Gen’s and it’s going to stay there for a while. Besides, my RS is paid off and the '02 SS will be this summer, just in time to start a family next year.

A final picture of both my babies.

Last edited by 4thGenRS; 08-09-2007, 01:51 PM.
    1996 Arctic White Camaro RS with optional Y87 V6 Performance Package<br />2002 Sebring Silver Camaro SS with optional 345 HP Package

Re: 10 year anniversary! Story &amp; Pictures

Nice story, good looking Camaro. Keep it up! :)

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Sweet bro, I'm glad you hung on to it.
      Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

looking great! Heres to white camaro's! :tup:

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

happy birthday!!!!!
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Nice cars, happy b-day Camaro RS.
            Stephane<br />1999 Camaro m5 Black/Red<br />1999 GSX-R 750 Black/Red

Comment

The camaro looks great! 97 was an excellent year for f-bodys :naughty:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X