cut the t-top and make a targa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cut the t-top and make a targa

youll have trouble finding a shop willing to do it for you. and if you find a shop that will, well id be weary of going to a shop like that in the first place.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by 01PewterDropTop
      If i had a hard top ide be all over this
      :drool: i love it
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
        youll have trouble finding a shop willing to do it for you. and if you find a shop that will, well id be weary of going to a shop like that in the first place.
        Around where I live there are alot of Resoration shops, and custom shops that do alot of really wierd stuff, one of them turned a Corvette into a Wagon, don't ask why and it IS UGLY! But I think one of them would be willing to do it, they love the challenge are are insured for it.. But something to think about in the future, I would deffinetly be looking if I had a hard top..
        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

I would advise against it.

It can be done. but the work required is pretty crazy. Whistler is local and a good friend of his helped with my t-top conversion and he says if he coudl do it again he woudln't.

making the top is one of the hardest parts. plus custom weatherstripping. And something no one thinks of. Our cars are not like corvettes, we do not have an easy spot to store a targa top when it is off.

but it does look cool, and the structural rigidy can be worked out, if it couldn't, then convertables wouldn't exist.
          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X