Blisters forming on roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blisters forming on roof

I have a 2000, blk with t top. It is garaged. I see blisters forming under the paint on the roof and I wonder if any of U have this issue.
    I think there is nothing I can do about it.
    Any ideas.
    I live in Florida, before 2002 the car was mine but I was in California.
    Phil

Re: Blisters forming on roof

blister's mean what? pics? is the clear coat bubbling? i know there was an issue with some of the roof's, and people got the whole roof cut off and re-painted under warrenty. ls1tech has a very long thread with pics of the problem, and steps the dealer took to take it off ect.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

why would cutting the roof off be needed? it can just be repainted otherwise.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
        why would cutting the roof off be needed? it can just be repainted otherwise.
        im not sure, maybe it was something with the metal not the paint, ill try to dig up the thread and/or pics.

edit : http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment...chmentid=30522 not sure if that link worked, lets hope. here's the link to the thread its self http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...t=bubbles+roof

edit 2 : thread with pics of process http://www.chirpthird.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1875 http://www.chirpthird.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1987
        Last edited by loser; 05-27-2006, 08:40 PM.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Ya I lived in FL myself before moving here to NC and have the same thing. I'm thinking it is the heat but i have close to 9 of them. They will lose color and turn a mushy white when u wash it but sence I moved to NC havnt had any new ones show up. So really cant help ya sorry but what I have been doing is putting alittle dot of chevy black after market paint on them so it exposed anything under the paint. But if ur really picky about having dots on ur car i wouldnt do that.

Comment

Thanks guys for your reply and extensive knowledge on this.
            My 2000 has 75000 miles and I would guess Chevrolet will
            not do anything for me for free despite that "recall for roof" but
            I will call them Tuesday anyway....or maybe drive over there,
            I did get a Cat. Converter done at 30,000 miles done free.

Saturday:
            22 July
            Dealer examined it said they would contact GM and call me.
            They never called back, left messages, no call back
            then called a third time. Said GM refuses to fix it as the
            car is too old 2000 76K miles.
            If GM were smart, they would have done it for PR reasons
            but now, I would never buy another GM car.
            These GM people are what is called "stiff necked" and they
            think they have all the answers and they still will when they
            appear in bankruptcy court next year.
            Last edited by PalmHarborBlkv6; 07-22-2006, 11:44 AM.
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
              Thanks guys for your reply and extensive knowledge on this.
              My 2000 has 75000 miles and I would guess Chevrolet will
              not do anything for me for free despite that "recall for roof" but
              I will call them Tuesday anyway....or maybe drive over there,
              I did get a Cat. Converter done at 30,000 miles done free.

no problem, it didnt take me long to find the thread. and i have no life anyway. is that what your's is doing? keep us updated, im sure the dealership isnt gonna be eager to do it, but just raise hell down there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X