Question for you other convertible guys - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for you other convertible guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you other convertible guys

Did our cars come with a boot cover? I thought i read somewhere that they did. I bought my car used, and there was no mention of it, typical! ... but seeing as i'll probably have the top down for the next 3 or 4 months i thought i'd invest in one.

I googled it but almost all the hits were for the original camaro 'vert. I also checked ebay and they had a couple, but they were the wrong color: I need beige (to match my top obviously :p)

So anyone know where (if) i could get ahold of one?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: Question for you other convertible guys

I just bought an 02' vert and it came with the cover. I use it all the time cuz it looks great. I heard that you can get them from a dealership but they are extremely expensive. Like $800.. I dunno, that's what I heard. I'd check just to see. If not, keep looking on ebay.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

$800 ?!?!!? :eek: For a little piece of plastic!? Well not really little, but still, thats outrageous. The ones i saw on ebay were like a hundred somn.... 800 dollars... for shame :spank:

Which now brings me to another question... anyone have one they want to sell??? Preferably beige :naughty:

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Yeah, like I said though, I'd check to be sure at a dealership. If you can't find one, maybe consider the RK Sport tonneau and paint it the same color as the car. That would look hot! I was going to do that, but between the cost of it and having the paint done that'd be costly too. So that's on hold for me for a while... just having fun enjoying the car right now. Oh, yeah, check www.camaroz28.com sometimes people sell those things in the for sale section.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

i dont know if it came in beige, mine been garaged for like 3 years and is just now seeing the sun again!? you can get ehn off ebay for around 250 or less

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONVE...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

I bought a convertible camaro about a year ago. I didn't get the boot cover with it, but the orginal owner said that it did come with one. I did contact the owner and he said he would bring it to me the next time he was down here; I still do not have it. I don't even know what color it is, probably black..
            The car is out of commission right now and I'm thinking about getting rid of it or maybe parting it out. If I get that cover and decide to part it out I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
              Yeah, like I said though, I'd check to be sure at a dealership. If you can't find one, maybe consider the RK Sport tonneau and paint it the same color as the car. That would look hot! I was going to do that, but between the cost of it and having the paint done that'd be costly too. So that's on hold for me for a while... just having fun enjoying the car right now. Oh, yeah, check www.camaroz28.com sometimes people sell those things in the for sale section.
              Yea i was actually planning on getting the tonneau cover with my tax return... but my $3 return (my math sucks) wasn't going to cover much of that sooo i kinda ditched the idea. I figured this boot cover would be a cheaper alternative, cuz at the very least i wouldn't have to paint it. I'm also pretty damn sure that they did make a beige boot cover, i've seen it in a picture... infact thats why i thought to look for one.

Aren't there any GM sparepart websites or something like that?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27

Which now brings me to another question... anyone have one they want to sell??? Preferably beige :naughty:
                oh man... i just sold one on ebay from my previous camaro..... here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33652 ... i think if you watch ebay closely you will get one less than 150....
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Here is one 150$ starting Bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONVE...QQcmdZViewItem

and here is a tonneau cover:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...QQcmdZViewItem
                  Last edited by Dead Body; 06-05-2006, 02:43 AM.
                  <i><b><br />1995 Convertible - - JUICED <br />There´s a difference between living and being alive - <a href=\"http://members.inode.at/christian.pichler\" target=\"_blank\">www.CLC1.de</a></b></i>

Comment

Wow, you guys rock! Thanks! :rock:

I bid on it... hopefully i'll win.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Now tell me that doesn't look hot :drool:

My car will hopefully look like that, just with the post 98 front and stock wheels... which hopefully i can rectify by the end of summer (the wheels i mean).

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X