few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few questions

hey guys i have a few questions for you. the other day i wrecked the front end of my 02 camaro by hydroplaning on the jersey turnpike. it took out the front bumper, smashed the front of the hood, shattered the driver side fender, took the driver side headlight out, and all support stuff. its definately not totaled because i still drove it for 100 miles up the turnpike after the accident. i'm still waiting for the insurance adjuster to get in contact with me. now my questions. does the rksports body kit replace the whole front bumper or just the bottom of it. and does anyone know where i can get a good price on an SS hood. i figured i might as well see if i can pay the difference in the body kit and hood, then just get the stock replacement parts. i also figure since the whole front of the car needs to be repainted, i might as well get the whole thing repainted. do you guys think i could work a deal out with the body shop or insurance company?
    ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Re: few questions

the insurance will definitely not cut a deal with you and i seriously doubt the shop will. they have no reason to but they might say they are going to to in the end, don't. having a car totaled isn't based on only drive ability, but repair costs. a good price on the hood will probably be personal sales on forum then ebay. the body kit will only replace the bottom half or so, not the whole thing.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Re: few questions

When I wrecked my bird a few years ago it needed a new hood so instead of another stocker I went ahead and got a ram air style hood. insurance allowed so much for a stock hood and I paid the remaining for the ram air hood. It was a good deal for me.
      If you ever planned on getting an SS hood now would be your time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X