How to install Clear Corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install Clear Corners

Ok so i was looking for some info on how to install mine and noticed it was a little vague so i figured i would put together a walkthrough. and yes i know i need to sand my headlights they are really foggy.

before:

after:

Tools needed:
    7mm and 10mm sockets
    ratchet
    3157 clear bulbs
    194 bulbs

Last edited by 99camaro-3.8; 06-09-2006, 12:07 AM.
    '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
    Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Re: How to install Clear Corners

First thing to do is to remove the bulbs from the headlight housing. twist the plastic piece and it will unlock and then you just pull it out.

Take out the first bolt. it is a 10mm bolt. the only one holding in the headlight assembly. you dont have to worry about aiming your headlights after this because the adjustment scews are never touched.

after the first bolt is out you must slide the headlight towards the middle of the car. there is a black bar that slips onto the back bracket. it slides and comes apart and then you just wiggle and pull until the headlight assembly comes out.

now you should see your foglights if you have them and your marker lights that you will be replacing. first thing to do is remove both bulbs from the light. same thing as before just twist and pull.
    Last edited by 99camaro-3.8; 06-09-2006, 08:49 AM.
    '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
    Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

then take off the two 7mm bolts.

you might have an extra bolt to take off. my drivers side didnt have this but my passenger side did. there is a little rusty bracket with a bolt going through it from underneath. also 7mm. just stick a socket under there and take it out and your ready to remove the marker light.

now comes the tricky part. the light is a little difficult to get out and takes some persuasion. i found it easiest to pull up the side closest to your tire and once it gets to where its stuck on a little lip just pull on the bumper with one hand and force the light through. it is ok if you feel like your going to break it because it will then come right out. then just remove the old one and put the new one back in its place.

install is the same as taking out the old lights. put the two screws in the clear corner. install the light bulbs, put in headlight, install headlight bulbs and your done. shouldnt take you much more than 30-45 minutes. very simple and you'll love how well it cleans up the front end.

before putting the lights back into the clear corner lens i highly reccomend replacing the bulbs. its stupid to put it all together and a week later have to take out your headlight just to replace a bulb that you should have changed in the first place. i know mine were looking nasty and on the verge of being burnt out.

Note: before you put in the headlight assembly check your lights to make sure they work. first turn on you turn signals and then turn on you headlights and make sure all you lights are working. better to find out now then on the side of the road when a cop pulls you over for a burnt out turn signal because you forgot to hook something up right.

thats it enjoy!
      Last edited by 99camaro-3.8; 06-09-2006, 12:04 AM.
      '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops

Car Domain

Comment

heres a write up i did a while ago

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...corner+install
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

easy on a 98+... i owned a 94.... pain in the *** on those... uj cant just take out the headlights... u gotta go from the bottom....... grrrrr easy but takes up entirely wayyyyyyyyyyy too much time...

Comment

ditto...i know that feeling...

Comment

Ok I just installed my clears today.. and let me say... they were almost impossible to get out/in..

I basically had to RIP the **** out because it got caught on that one lip or whatever... and I seriously thought I was going to break something.. it took me so long to do it because I had to get to the point where I was so pissed I didn't even care anymore, so I just ripped it out, and then when I had to put it in, I just pulled really hard on both the turn signal and bumper and forced it in..

The thing that pissed me off though after all that, it won't go all the way down and there is like a gap on the bottom.. pretty annoying.

But yeah.. It was still worth it.. Took probably 1 hour cause I lost the gasket, and then I said **** it... so I put the headlights back in, when I closed the hood, the gasket dropped out.. so I had to take the headlights out and everything then put them back. I wasted alot of time.

If I were to do it again I am pretty sure I could do it in 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X