Which Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Products?

Which car cleaing/waxing/detailing products works the best?, Meguiars, Mothers, TurtleWax, Armor All, Eagle One, Black Magic, etc..?

And Also which is the best for glass cleaning, interior cleaning, protectants, wheel and tire cleaners, washing, and waxing/polishing?

Re: Which Products?

You're pretty much going to have to try stuff out on your own because everyone likes different things.

I use meguiar's wax, polish, and cleaners. Then 303 on the dash and tires and stoner's on the windows. I'll probably try NXT window cleaner soon because I hear it's excellent.

Don't believe me on the meguair's for your paint? Check out the black SL55 at the bottom of this thread:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=13033

Comment

WOW! The shine they put on those cars is INCREDIBLE.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
      1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
      1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Everyone has their own opinions. Personally, I use Nano wax, ArmorAll for the interior, Westley's Bleche-Wite tire cleaner(good stuff), TurtleWax chrome polish for my exhaust tips, usually just use Windex on the windows.

Comment

yeah and when you clean the windows, I personally use newspaper instead of paper towels because the news paper doesn't leave **** behind

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
            You're pretty much going to have to try stuff out on your own because everyone likes different things.

I use meguiar's wax, polish, and cleaners. Then 303 on the dash and tires and stoner's on the windows. I'll probably try NXT window cleaner soon because I hear it's excellent.

Don't believe me on the meguair's for your paint? Check out the black SL55 at the bottom of this thread:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...threadid=13033
            Yeah, sure that SL55 looks great, but its not like they just hand-applied some wax, then buffed it off....
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

meguiars is fine stuff. i normally use it. but that benz is more about the work done than the products used.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                Yeah, sure that SL55 looks great, but its not like they just hand-applied some wax, then buffed it off....
                They washed it, clayed it, polished it, and waxed it. Which is what everyone should do anyway (not to say that you have to do that whenever you would normally wax). Yes, you get a better result from a DA polisher, but polishing by hand still does a great job. It's just a lot more work and the results are a level lower. It still comes down to the products doing their job.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                  They washed it, clayed it, polished it, and waxed it. Which is what everyone should do anyway (not to say that you have to do that whenever you would normally wax). Yes, you get a better result from a DA polisher, but polishing by hand still does a great job. It's just a lot more work and the results are a level lower. It still comes down to the products doing their job.

they also color sanded it and buffed with multiple polishes, which is not something the average person should be attempting.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

You're right. The average person shouldn't be color sanding or using a rotary buffer. They used an agressive polish to take out the sanding marks then used #80 to get out all the smaller scratches and swirls. The average person also shouldn't be trying to get a show car shine on a street car. You have to settle at some point.

If someone on here used scratch-x by hand and then waxed I'm sure they would be extremely pleased with the results. I went to the meguair's class up in PA and we divided a black swirled hood into 4 sections. One was left alone, one was scratch-x by hand, one was #80 by DA polisher, and the last was polished with a rotary. Each section looked better than the last, but even the by hand section was leaps and bounds above the original section.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X