Tinting tips anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting tips anyone?

I am going to attempt to tint the back window of my camaro. i have never tinted so besides telling me to start with something smaller that isn't curved, anybody have any tips/tricks etc? thanks
    Last edited by fleaN21; 06-14-2006, 09:12 AM.

Re: Tinting tips anyone?

lol, i'm a dumbass. When i read the title i thought you were attempting to tint your exhaust tips :o :wavey:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

The hardest part will be finding a single sheet that will cover the whole window. I'd say, if the price is right, get it professionaly done. Try to find a place that does it in one sheet as well.
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        lol, i'm a dumbass. When i read the title i thought you were attempting to tint your exhaust tips :o :wavey:
        ur not alone lol
        <--------
        -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

It's late at night... make that 3x. And good luck with the tint.
          Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

i think the rear would be the last one i'd try. take it somewhere and they should have one piece to do the whole thing with. remember if you mess up you could mess up the rear defrost.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Help Tinting windows

The guy I was going to have do it retired, and the other places that tint around here are really bad. I can't get my side windows tinted yet otherwise I would start with them.

I have heard that it is a lot harder to do the back window in one sheet instead of cutting it into 3 pieces?

ill change the title :)

Comment

Re: Help Tinting windows

yeah the guy that had my car before me screwed up on the back window tint and ALSO screwed up the rear defroster along with it. :(

Comment

Re: Help Tinting windows

Originally posted by Todd88
                  yeah the guy that had my car before me screwed up on the back window tint and ALSO screwed up the rear defroster along with it. :(

How did they screw up the defroster? "i drive a convertible"

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter
                    ur not alone lol
                    <--------
                    Same here. When I read it I was like wtf?
                    -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                      hahahahaha nice
                      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

If you use a razor blade to clean the window it can cut your defroster and break it

Comment

Originally posted by fleaN21
                          If you use a razor blade to clean the window it can cut your defroster and break it
                          yeah man dont do that... im not shure if u can do it in one piece or not with a rear defroster...
                          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

the guy doing mine later this month said he can easily do one piece on the rear window but he does it all the time... i really really recommend taking it somewhere. i tried tinting once and thought i did ok until a couple months later. and i would rather have no tint then bubble tint.
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

sorry to post again but here are some pictorials if you do decide to do it yourself. I would take all day if i had to. let us know how it goes.

http://www.stebbinstinting.com/installation.htm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X