Did my calipers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my calipers today

Well i did my calipers today i thoguht i would share. I just got pics of the actual calipers i will get a pic of them with the wheels on the car after i wash it next time. By then i should have my inlays and sail panels and my front emblem decals on. I will get it all done then get new pics.

98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: Did my calipers today

Lookin good!
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

How long did it take you? (did you do 2 or 4 calipers?) I want to do mine, but I can't think of a day where I'll have all day to just paint the calipers.
      Black 1998 Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300862</a>

Comment

You should get some black camaro lettering decals for them.
        -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Plan on taking quite a long time to get all 4 painted......

And yes black Camaro lettering would look tight...:)

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

mine took awhile. i took a dremel and sanded down and grinded off all the nasty grime that was on there. thats what took the most amoung of time. after that i put on 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, put on the decals, and then put on 3 coats of clear on top of that. i let them sit for around 20-30 minutes in between each coat and once i was completely done i let it sit overnight just to make sure everything set up good. it took a long while but it was well worth it. i did it right the first time adn they came out looking really good.
            '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
            Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Hell all i did was used a lot of brake cleaner and scrubbed the **** out of them, then straight to the first coat of high-temp red. No primer or sanding, i just did about 4 coats of paint and then 3 coats of clear and they still look good.
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8
                mine took awhile. i took a dremel and sanded down and grinded off all the nasty grime that was on there. thats what took the most amoung of time. after that i put on 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, put on the decals, and then put on 3 coats of clear on top of that. i let them sit for around 20-30 minutes in between each coat and once i was completely done i let it sit overnight just to make sure everything set up good. it took a long while but it was well worth it. i did it right the first time adn they came out looking really good.
                i did mine the same way.
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

im gonna do mine soon too, sence i have all the time in the world now being summer and all. your's look good, theres not many colors that would go with teal good. silver looks great.

EDIT: maybe i'll do mine in the next couple days, how many cans did you use? im assuming you did all 4 because 98's had 4 wheel disk's.
                  Last edited by loser; 06-20-2006, 10:40 AM.
                  1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I used duplicolor caliper paint kit. It has everytihng you need it took me probably 4 hours and i left the wheels off overnight and let it set i might do the decals later because i got a lot of the paint left and i am planing on doin the rotors to putting the clear on. The kit i had was only paint.
                    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
                    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic98
                      I used duplicolor caliper paint kit. It has everytihng you need it took me probably 4 hours and i left the wheels off overnight and let it set i might do the decals later because i got a lot of the paint left and i am planing on doin the rotors to putting the clear on. The kit i had was only paint.

so 2 cans will be plently?
                      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic98
                        I used that kit too only I got red.

Get the decals...it's only a few bucks and it makes your car look really custom.

Dont forget to spray clear over them though.
                        1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X