update to 97-02 taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update to 97-02 taillights

I've want to install the tail lights from the newer style on my 96. The blinker is wired different, so how would i go about changing up my tail lights so that the blinker doesn't come on with the brake light, the brake light doesn't flash with the blinker, etc. ? am i going to need some kind of adapter or something?
    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 06-28-2006, 09:57 PM.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: update to 97-02 taillights

i will buy your old ones
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

heh, ya I think your the only one that wants amber in your taillights....sure it'll be different, but what you got now looks a hellava lot better...just leave em alone, trust me...I converted to 93-96 lights, so have many other people.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Nikon your screwing up my buy. i ahve been looking for some eveyway. Man cant win for losing. just playing But if he wants to sell will but right now
        98 Mystic Teal Camaro
        Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic98
          Nikon your screwing up my buy. i ahve been looking for some eveyway. Man cant win for losing. just playing But if he wants to sell will but right now
          hehe, sorry, but you can always check junkyards thats where I got mine...or ebay of course.

05' CTS-V

Comment

nikon, what did you have to do to put the old ones in? how much work is required?
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold
            2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
              nikon, what did you have to do to put the old ones in? how much work is required?
              you have to put in a dual filament bulb socket (if you want it to look right at night) other than that its a direct swap. 30 mins total, and thats trying to figure out what wire goes where and what would look the best.

05' CTS-V

Comment

If you guys are so into the older style tail lights, i will trade someone if they want. I personally prefer the amber.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

TRADE! DID I HEAR TRADE!. Ill get rid of amber any day of the week. But ill be a nice guy...let mystic say something bout this first...he jumped on it first.
                  30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

don't hold me out on this, i'm still considering, because i'm not sure how much rewiring it's going to be. I would like the amber, but if it's going to be a pain to rewire, it's not that worth it to me.
                    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 06-25-2006, 04:46 PM.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yeah..this thread kinda died. I'm trying to rejouvinate it because i still want the amber in my tail lights, and if it's not a super hard change up, i'm willing to trade anyone with the amber in theirs, since you seem to like mine better.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

not hard to wire, I dont think, now when you put on your turn signals what lights blink?? Inner, outer, middle, whole thing???

05' CTS-V

Comment

The middle bulb flashes with the blinker... Don't you think i could just put the middle socket into where the blinker goes and the inner to the middle and get a bulb that only has one element?

::It was kind of wierd to find out that you have to put the replacement bulb in a certain way that is unspecified, and it fits both ways..
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yes, you can do that and either put in a single filament bulb, or just snip one of the wires, whichever one is just low filament.....I told you it'd be easy, it was harder to convert over to 93-96 because I had to buy a dual filament socket....ok you got it now, so go do it ;)

05' CTS-V

Comment

OK, great!

now i just need someone to trade with... haha.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                Revival
                                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X