racing stripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing stripes?

ive been looking at all my different stripe options. i am more than likely going to stay with hockey sticks, but what i thought would be cool is like rally stripes but ones that dont go all the way down in the front (aka they stay on the hood and dont hit the front bumper).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...77265176QQrdZ1

sort of like those, but not as long in the front. anyone ever seen em? i guess one option is to just use the bottom half of the stripe so it doesnt go down all the way.
    Last edited by dmw319; 06-22-2006, 12:53 PM.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Re: racing stripes?

there is a custom decal shop by me. i'm not sure how much he would charge. i got my stripes for 80 for everything.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
      ive been looking at all my different stripe options. i am more than likely going to stay with hockey sticks, but what i thought would be cool is like rally stripes but ones that dont go all the way down in the front (aka they stay on the hood and dont hit the front bumper).

sort of like those, but not as long in the front. anyone ever seen em? i guess one option is to just use the bottom half of the stripe so it doesnt go down all the way.
      That is the same kit I have on my Camaro. I bought them from him back in '02 and I love them. Look at my site below to see. The only thing I did differently was I installed 1/4" Pinstriping outside of the stripes to make them look a bit more like "stock stripes".
      If you want, I can take a few more closeup pics and email them to you...Lemme know.
      sigpic

Comment

I have to stripes that come down on the hood too. Except mine came with them. Part of the package. I've got pics too if you want them
        2002 SOM 35th Camaro. K&N filter, smooth intake bellow, 160* thermo, \'vette power servo, B&M transpak, Pacesetter Headers, 3in. in dual 2.5in. out Flowmaster 40 muffler, custom dual side exit exhaust before rear tires, MSD plug wires

Comment

Yeh i have those on my car. That is the same guy i bought them from. Here are a couple of pics. I have had them for over a year..... and i have no complaints
          Attached Files
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802975/3\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802975/3</a>

Comment

i want those, but NOT on the hood. just ending about 10-12 inches or so from the edge, might be a custom job
            Dave:
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
              there is a custom decal shop by me. i'm not sure how much he would charge. i got my stripes for 80 for everything.
              i liek your stripes i think there a great width and perfectly spaced ... they would look bad on my bird though
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

dave i really hope that you do stick with the hockey stripes. just looks so perfect!
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i want those, but NOT on the hood. just ending about 10-12 inches or so from the edge, might be a custom job
                  Why not just buy those, set them out on the car and take a razor blade to where you want then to end....may not be the best way, but if you're careful, it shouldn't look bad at all.
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
                    Why not just buy those, set them out on the car and take a razor blade to where you want then to end....may not be the best way, but if you're careful, it shouldn't look bad at all.
                    thats what i wana do but im too scared to try. ill prolly stick to the good ol sticks!
                    Dave:
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I like the ones like that, but they have checkered flags, theres this one site that makes them, it kinda looks like the 45th anniversarry graphics but fits non ram hoods

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                      Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                      http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Personally, I would stay with the hockey sticks. On your car, they accentuate the natural lines of the car pretty well.
                        1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

You can order custom racing stripes of any size or color online. graphxonline.com also offers decals, vehicle wraps, vehicle lettering, etc...all custom made for you. check it out online at graphxonline.com.
                          PS great site!
                          phoebe

Comment

I wouldnt do stripes at all, the hockey sticks alone look sweet. The stripes would be too much IMHO. :)
                            sigpic
                            1997 Camaro RS A4
                            2006 Chevy Colorado
                            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                              Good to see the site is back up
                              by 2.8 Bird
                              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                              1 day ago
                            • FirebirdGT
                              New Site Hosting Issues
                              by FirebirdGT
                              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X