Painting tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting tires??

So after watching cars, i've decided that having white lettering on your tires is def. sexy, and i think i want to give it a try. I took a look around online and found that the biggest obstacle would be getting a paint that will stick, not crack under stress, or peel off when heated. There are a number of latex paints that would probably do the job well enough (i'll probably head down to the stores on sunday... if i don't melt first), and i also found this guy in Iceland that sells cans of specially formulated white wall paint for 40 bucks (that includes international shipping) that would do the job.

Anyway, i just thought i'd throw the idea out there. Thoughts anyone?

(oh and btw, i happen to have a spare tire that i'll practise on first... and anyway i'm getting new rims by the end of summer, so if it looks horrible i won't have to live with it long)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: Painting tires??

LOL..

not @ you of course. But after watching or well during the movie cars, i was thinking the same.

i didnt really take it seriously, just wondered how it would look. Good luck with this Mark..

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Wow.... that was a quick response... haha

Yea so i guess sunday i'm gonna give this a try if i can. I'll post pics and whatnot :)

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

i had white paint lettering on my '89 Z24 that i had and i will say it looked really good and i also have been thinking of doing it to my firebird but its not running know so whats the point.

Comment

goto any autoparts store, they have white wall touch up, its a paint pen, or usually is...that'll do the trick, I did mine in yellow, but that was a while ago when I had the 16's on.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by nikon
            goto any autoparts store, they have white wall touch up, its a paint pen, or usually is...that'll do the trick, I did mine in yellow, but that was a while ago when I had the 16's on.
            Cool, thanks. How'd it look?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

I've always liked the raised white letters on tires. I think it makes the car a bit more unique. If you paint yours, post pics afterwards. I'd like to see it done with a white paint-pen.
              sigpic

Comment

lol thats a cool idea i lvoe how u got the idea from cars to lol
                <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I hate white lettering on my 87 firebird...i like it in the 3rd gens but not 4th

87 Firebird RIP
                  96 Camaro RS RIP
                  94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                  02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by nikon
                    So just before work i went to Kragen, Autozone, and Pepboys and none of them had any white wall touch up... in fact they didn't even know what i should use as a substitute :( I ended up getting some scratch touch-up paint in a pen form.. but i'm kind of doubtful it'll work. I'm def. going to the paint store tomorrow to see what they have.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                      So just before work i went to Kragen, Autozone, and Pepboys and none of them had any white wall touch up... in fact they didn't even know what i should use as a substitute :( I ended up getting some scratch touch-up paint in a pen form.. but i'm kind of doubtful it'll work. I'm def. going to the paint store tomorrow to see what they have.
                      sounds dumb, but try wally world or kmart.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

I don't think the paint will last long. Could try it though

Comment

walmart sells the white wall paint i have seen it the cap for the pen is in a big tire you can't miss it i think orange package.. i searched their website and couldn't find anything.. but they do have it i am 100% for sure..
                          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                          1991 3000GT VR4
                          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X