how to install automatic shift knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to install automatic shift knob

I just finally got my chrome shift knob today it took about 3 months but now I want to take off the stock shift knob and put it on asap. Do I just take off the black push button and remove the leather then put my shift knob over the black stick or what. Help please I already messed up my e brake trying to do this but Im tired off paying my local mechanic outrageous prices. He wants to charge me 80 dollars to install my black signal lights so any help will be appreciated

Re: how to install automatic shift knob

to take off the auto shift knob u turn the key on and put it in first then take some needle nose pliars and pull out somethin that looks like a long staple from the front side of it.. and it just slides off
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Re: how to install automatic shift knob

put car in 1st and on the front of the shift knob there is a staple. pry it out and pull the knob right off. no biggie. btw signal lights are easy to do just try it.
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X