Oooo New Halos and Pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooo New Halos and Pics!!

So i installed my halos and clear corners on tuesday/monday (lack of the right... equipment ment i had to give it a rest on monday to finish it off on tuesday).

The clear corners weren't that hard to put in, but getting them out was annoying, in the end i used a craftsman robo-grip to bend a little bit of the internal sheet metal to slide them in and out easier (thank you bob villa). I also had to go to Kragen on tuesday to pick up some orange bulbs so i could drive around without being arrested.

As for the halos... well... getting the oem headlights out was easy, hooking up the halo LEDs was also easy.. but getting those F***ers back in.... oh lordy what a pita. Nearly cut my thumb to ribbons in the process... and for some reason one was a lot easier than the other... but the important thing is they're now in! :banana:

Here are a couple of pics, i'll post some more when i take some... maybe tonight.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: Oooo New Halos and Pics!!

looks good man! this may be a stupid question but here goes, ive been wanting some clear corners now for awhile, what exactly are they? just a clear cover for your parking/hazard lights????oh yea, how much were the clears? appreciation
    \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

looks good. when i saw the 1st pic i was gonna say get a grille. looks real good
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

they look great man... :tup:
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

looking good...i wish i didnt have a 96 sometimes

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

very nice, the front end of your car flows very nice and clean. good job. ever think about painting behind your grill?
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys :) and i had actually thought of painting behind the grille, i also thought of perhaps painting the entire grille chrome for extra shinyness... tho i'm kind of on the fence (or on the grille in this case) about it.

As for the clear corners: I got them with the halos.. as a kind of package deal off ebay, cost me $187 with tax and shipping. The corners are basically replacement housings that have clear reflective plastic instead of orange. Like i said, they can be a pain to get out, on my car there was this bit of sheet metal where the fender met the bumper that i had to bend slightly with a robo-grip to ease the job. You will also have to buy new bulbs, i recommend inspecting the turn signal bulb before going down to the auto-parts store so you know which type to get (they'res apparently two... or at least there were for the '99 year).

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

looking good! very clean! :tup:
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

nice i got excited for a second i saw that there was no billet grill
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                    nice i got excited for a second i saw that there was no billet grill
                    Haha, yea, sorry to disappoint you there, but i am trying to get rid of as much black on my car as possible. ... To bad theres nothing i can do about the weather stripping... :D

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Looks nice Mark, :tup:.

In the first pic, it almost looks hugger.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Looks GREAT.
                        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Nice! The Halos add a lot to the flow of the car.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X