Question about hockey stripes set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about hockey stripes set

I'm looking into ordering these in black for my arctic white Camaro :http://fourthcircledesigns.com/produ...products_id=42, but I have a few questions for people who have ordered these:

1) Do they come pre cut where it ends at the front of the door and you have a crack where the door opens or do you have to cut it yourself? I plan on having this decal vinyl guy install them for me, but wanna check anyways.

2) The set includes both sides right? Just wanna make sure o_O

3) Opinions on what mine should say in the gap? I was thinking "3800" or "Camaro," but I'm leaning towards "3800."

Thanks!
    2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Re: Question about hockey stripes set

Originally posted by v6noob
    I'm looking into ordering these in black for my arctic white Camaro :http://fourthcircledesigns.com/produ...products_id=42, but I have a few questions for people who have ordered these:

1) Do they come pre cut where it ends at the front of the door and you have a crack where the door opens or do you have to cut it yourself? I plan on having this decal vinyl guy install them for me, but wanna check anyways.

2) The set includes both sides right? Just wanna make sure o_O

3) Opinions on what mine should say in the gap? I was thinking "3800" or "Camaro," but I'm leaning towards "3800."

Thanks!
    1) yeah if u want the short ones order "short" ones lol they end a little before the door ends
    2)yeah they arent tryign to rip you off lol
    3)yeah id deff go with 3800 camaro might look odd there...
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I helped someone install a set about 4 weeks ago on his 94 Z28. They were solid from fender to door and we had to cut the gap. It's basically better because you get a really nice straight line that way. Just wait until they start to dry and cut with a razor blade.
      We measured and then measured again to make sure we got both sides as perfect as possible, and used small square pieces of masking tape to mark the measurements.
      I try to tell everyone NOT use the plastic squeegee that is provided with the kit!!!! It scratches the vinyl. I had to return my racing stripes because of that friggin squeegee:rant: When I got the new set of stripes, I used a small wooden rolling pin that I found at a Hobby Shop for $4. It worked great and didn't scratch the ~replacement~ stripes at all.

I think the 3800 would look good. You car already has C-A-M-A-R-O embroidered on the back :)
      sigpic

Comment

I have some longs one that are about to go on tomorrow. I will be putting in the 3800 cause I think adding Camaro is tacky.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

hockeyman, in the mood to help me install a set sometime? :p
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

.. see my sig. haha
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
              hockeyman, in the mood to help me install a set sometime? :p
              I am in the process of renovating my bathroom, so it'll have to wait for a few more weeks. What kind of stripes do you want and where are you getting them from?
              sigpic

Comment

yeah, its definitely not high up on my list of things to do, i have a lot of more urgent stuff. im not even sure that i am going to do it, but i think hockey stripes would look good on my car.
                2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                2006 S60- Sold
                2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X