Some pics...any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some pics...any suggestions?

I think i will probably end up doing that. As for headlight covers. What are your guys' suggestions? smoke, carbon fiber, clear? I heard you can't use the smoke ones at night, only for appearance in the day time, in which case i wouldn't want the smoke, and it kinda makes it look more like a firebird than i want it to. So i think it's mostly between carbon fiber and clear...any pics would help i think too, thanks.

...do headlight covers even look good on black cars anyway?
    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 06-28-2006, 02:29 PM.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I think i'm getting over the headlight covers, that's $50 that i could save toward my future front end conversion.

Now, i ordered my clear corners and i got them. First off, they look like they are way too huge hieght-wise, but looking closer, it looked like half of the top was just hidden under the bumper...don't know why they would do this but...whatever.

Anyway, I didn't look extremely hard, but i couldn't figure out how to replace them, and the ones i bought for some reason didn't come with any instalation instructions. I kinda have a feeling this is gonna be a pain, but hopefully i don't have to take the whole bumper off.

How do I replace them??
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i put the clear corners on, and moved my plates to the window:
        (bad quality i know, i couldn't find the digital, had to take with my phone)

I'm now considering the billet grill, because i'm not so sure that i want to get one. I think it might look better, but the grill i have now still gets the job done of making it not look stock, and that's $50+ i could save toward my future front end conversion also..

what do you guys think?
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

looks good. try and get a better picture up
          '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
          Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Found the digital, here are some pics:

tell me what you think..

I'm having real trouble making the plates visible from the windsheild, i know i will get pulled over how i have them now, but i don't know where else i can put them that will be visible..
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Do you have the yellow bulbs in the Clear Corners? I would suggest getting Blue bulbs or something like that, I have the clear corners with blue bulbs and It makes a huge difference at night IMO. I know what you mean about the license plate thing, Ohio's the same way, huge pain. I'm not a huge fan of the Headlight covers that I've seen for our vehicle, I had the Smoke ones before my accident and I thought they looked good but I had to drive with my brights on, and I don't like the clear or carbon fiber because you can see the mounting hardware through those. If you want a new taillight I suggest the ones I have (in the pic) It's a black Alteeza. I've had them for a while and can't remember where I got them but I'm happy with them I think they were around 170??? Not sure about that either though
              Attached Files
              Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

well, those look good on your car, but i like the stock look a little better, or the black outs, but i agree that they might look a little wierd on a black car... I have some carbon fiber headlight covers on the way and a billet grill also. as for the blue bulbs, first off, i don't really want to take that whole thing apart again, and second, i like the look of the black camaros and corvettes with the running lights on, and the blue would mess that up, not to mention that your not actually supposed to have blue lights on your car, but that's not what's holding me back. anyway, i don't have the money to get it lowered yet, but i have plans to get the windows tinted within a few months, what would you guys suggest on percentage? i know oregon is legal up to 35%, but i don't actually know what that looks like, so i don't know if i should go that or less, and any ideas on how much that is going to cost me?
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

looks a whole lot better just the way it is without the lisence plate on the front bumper... get some clear corners definately and then get the billet grill or loose the one you have. Tint those windows too... other then that it looks pretty good. First visual mod i had was exhaust and chrome tips, made a big difference in my opinion.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

yeah i got the clear corners, that's on page two, i gues i'll add it again.

sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

if u want to hide ur foglights...get smoke covers for them...a kid on here ask them on his 97 camaro and they look good...also i got amber bulbs in my clears but thats only cuz i couldnt find hyperwhite bulbs....the stock ones r a very dull white and looks crappy imo...and ive seen euros on camaro i dont really like them...stay with ur stockers they look better...if u want another cheap mod get some silverstars for ur headlights...i just did it and it makes a world of a differnce at night...theres a write up on here on how to do it...other than that get some wheels and paint ur calpiers...

87 Firebird RIP
                      96 Camaro RS RIP
                      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

i would suggest blacking out the red part of your taillights maybe, just an idea. i dont think you should get the ls1 style taillights, they dont look good with black.
                        a small cowl hood would also make it look badass.
                        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                        2006 S60- Sold
                        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I have the silver stars in now, but i was thinking of getting some of those fake HID in 8500K blue. I think that would look pretty nice. I also have some carbon fiber headlight covers on the way along with a billet grill. Still considering the whole tail light thing, any suggestions are still appreciated.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                            I'm having real trouble making the plates visible from the windsheild, i know i will get pulled over how i have them now, but i don't know where else i can put them that will be visible..
                            When I was in Texas, some of the guys put them on the chin spoiler under the front. I'll look for some pics.

Rob
                            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Did you ever find any pics? i'm interested in seeing what you mean.

anyone here know what the 8500Ks look like? I saw the pictures on the site i bought them from, but those are always exaggerated, just wondering what they actually looked like.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

would it be worth it to paint my calipers like red or yellow? will it be very apparent through the z28 alloys? I know it would nice if i had some better rims, but with the price tag they have, that isn't coming in the near future.
                                sigpic
                                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                  New Site Hosting Issues
                                  by FirebirdGT
                                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                  1 week ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X