Some pics...any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics...any suggestions?

I was wondering if any of you had suggestions to make my car look better without spending a whole ton of money.

Sorry about the quality on some of these, i took them with my phone..

i was thinking about getting the camaro decal that goes on the steering wheel and deciding whether or not to paint the area around the shifter silver..not the whole peice, but around the P N D...etc. I was also thinking about the billet grill but, i don't think i've ever seen them on the 93-97s and i like my cheap alternative too.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Some pics...any suggestions?

I was thinking about maybe putting some headlight covers on, but to keep it from looking like a firebird i thought i might stick to clear, or maybe carbon fiber..also, what do you guys think i should do to my turn signals.. I wanted the 97-02 tail lights, but if i can't get a hold of them, what do you think about black outs?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Get clear corners for your turn signals....is there fog lights behind your chicken wire grill?? If not get some fog lights then lose that grill. Exhaust would be good. those are some of thoughts that hit me now....sure other people will put up some other good ideas as well.
      30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        I wanted the 97-02 tail lights, but if i can't get a hold of them, what do you think about black outs?

i wouldnt get 97-02 tail lights if i were you(i dont like em), IMO the pre 97 tail lights look better, the line in the actual tail light flow better w/the hatch in the rear

i would get black outs, which i think i also am going to get black outs
        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

I am hoping to get a new exhaust system by the end of the summer, with dual chrome tips, i just have the stock Y87 exhaust now. I do have foglights underneath the chickenwire grill, but they should be covered up somehow, because the driverside one actually has a small hole in it from getting hit by rock, so it's a little cracked through little less than half the lens. I don't want to buy new foglights though, so how would a billet grill look on my 96? anything else i could do to cover up my foglights but keep them usable? possibly cheaper than a billet grill?
          Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 06-23-2006, 07:42 PM.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Again, sorry for the quality.
            Here it is without the grill (the foglights really only start looking bad when your really close)

I don't know which i like really..what do you think?
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I like it better with the grill, but if you could find a billet, that would look tight.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Here is a pic of what the front should look like with clear corners and a billet grill....

My car would look soo much better if i didn't have to have a front license plate...i hate the oregon laws.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I'm not sure I would black anything out since your car is a drak color. The contrast of all the details helps ut sometimes. I like the clear corners idea. And a proper billet grill. Maybe lowering it if only if you want to, and adding some older style Camaro badging to the fenders and rear panel. And, since alot of folks (including me) like the Berger rear panel treatment with it being blacked out, you could reverse it and make your rear panel a silver or gunmetal color.
                  1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

when lowering it, is all you are really doing changing out the springs?

i'm not against the rear panel idea, but i just got the silver camaro decal, and if i painted the rear panel silver, i would have to swap out the decal to black, and i don't know that i really want to do that.

I'm stuck on the clear corners and billet grill though, i'm ready to order, i just need to find the right deal.

forgot to add: what do you mean by the older style badging?
                    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 06-24-2006, 11:38 PM.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

he means like retro badges like the ones on the early model camaros in the 60's-70's
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

okay...i dont like the buger panel idear...but thats just me.....i hate that panel with a passion.....messes up lines to the vehicle when you just throw in one different color panel....the pic with the billet grill and clear corners looks really good....when you do lowering its springs, and might as well do shocks when ur under there....lca relocation brackets and other suspension mods would be good but not a must.
                        30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

What kind of badges did they have? I've only seen the RS and Z/28 badges for the older camaros, neither of which my car is, only y87, so what badges would i put on?

also, what kind of springs would you suggest...i'm a little short on cash currently, so if i did, it will still be a while, and i don't want top of the line stuff, just something that is respectable and will lower my car enough. and how much would that be?
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Other retro-badges would be an older style Camaro script to the sides or back panel.
                            1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

just put the plate in the window? it has to be visible from the front not on the front bumper
                              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                              1991 3000GT VR4
                              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X