Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about general appearances

thanks for the compliments .

I think that you probly could make a firdbird front end fit . i was told the body lines are diffrent and it wouldnt look right . it's just a matter of bolting parts on .
    Thats what i love about gm . they build parts bin cars . you see something you like on one and can put it own your own car .

On the paint end of things . I got a qoute from macco and they wanted over $2000 to do it not including body work or sanding . And we had an account with them. I figured what do i have to lose ?If it doesnt come out right just sand it down and paint it agian . The trickyest part is getting the metallic to lay down correctly .The sigle stage paints are much easyer to work with but you dont get as shiny of a gloss .

Comment

I haven't painted my Camaro yet, but I painted my Blazer and my old Cavalier and IMO it's not difficult, but you have to be very patient and be ready to fix mistakes. I have a friend who has a large garage that had air conditioning and drywall so it was relatively dust and humidity free. I don't think that difficult is the word for it, I just think that it takes a ton of patience. Believe it or not there are several books out there that help a ton, and give you a lot of tips and tricks that make it a much smoother process. If you're like me and are never satisfied with your car and are always changing your mind, then I recomend investing in the tools and equipment to do it yourself. Find some literature that will give you techniques.

Actually spraying the paint is probably the easiest part, the prep and body work are what is "difficult" and very time-consuming. But IMO if you have the patience it's worth it to do it yourself. With Compressor, filter, guns, books, and other odds and ends, I still invested less than I would have for the many paint jobs I've done after many add-ons just over the last four years. The best part is that I have people offering me money to paint stuff for them
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

ne one in my area want to paint the strips on my camaro hehe
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
          ne one in my area want to paint the strips on my camaro hehe
          What's wrong with the ones you have??
          sigpic

Comment

my car is my only vice...I dont buy them new so they are cheaper...I turn as many wrenches myself on things I can do so I can afford to pay for the things I cant...and it still takes time...I have friends and co-workers who smoke, drink, hunt, fish and buy all the required gear to do those things (i.e. boats, ATVs, guns, rods, reels, you get the idea)...I have other friends who play golf every spare day they can find and buy new clubs and training widgets like I change underwear...they all say I spend too much on my car...then they go get into their 30k SUV and I scratch my head...bottom line, everybody has something they are willing to spend their money on. Its why we work so hard for it. I just happen to be spending mine on what I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
              What's wrong with the ones you have??

they are about 3 years old, and are starting to look like cr@p. i was going to take them to get painted on in aug with bday money but i have decided to paint the beater instead cause the paint is really get worst.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

For alot of us who don't paint our own vehicles, the process is the same as buying the parts... you save and save for it until you have enough money to afford it.
                1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  1 week ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X