Paint Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Repair

I am going to repaint a few parts on my car.
    • Lower Front Bumper
    • Rear lower quarter panel

This picture shows the damage to the front.

I don't have a picture of the other spot, but the paint is peeling around the rear side reflector from a bad repair job.

I just inhereted an air compressor and spay gun, and I bought a little air brush attachement.

I am going to get the paint from http://www.expresspaint.com/

I have read thier how to, but does anyone have some tips for me?
    Cardomain

Re: Paint Repair

i have been wanting to repaint mine also.....but im not sure if i would do it myself. If you think you can do it than go ahead....ALso i was noticing your foglights that you have....are those aftermarket? Did you get them from autozone or what? were they hard to install?

Comment

Originally posted by cmblack13
      i have been wanting to repaint mine also.....but im not sure if i would do it myself. If you think you can do it than go ahead....ALso i was noticing your foglights that you have....are those aftermarket? Did you get them from autozone or what? were they hard to install?
      Here is my post about them.

They were not hard to install.l but it is not plug and play. You will have to do a little engineering. It was also not my best installation. The back of the fog light housing on the bumper is thin, and it causes the lights vibrate at higher speeds. I would recomend putting in a backing plate
      Last edited by PewterBird; 06-29-2006, 05:32 PM.
      Cardomain

Comment

Just be sure to sand the area very well, and feather down the edges where you want the new paint to meet the old, unless you are planning to paint the whole piece.
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          1 day ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X