so i finished my calipers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i finished my calipers..

great mod, and easy. just a little time comsumeing.i was a little worryed about over spray, but i think i had it covered. pics :

1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Re: so i finished my calipers..

I think I see some overspray.... on the top of the pillar. I see a spec of red on the red car. j/k

Looks good ;) I like the look with the black wheels. well done.
    Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by loser
      i was a little worryed about over spray, but i think i had it covered.
      yah ill say
      -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

NICE!!! I did mine also, and yes I was a tad worried about overspray.....but I have a white car soooooooo.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

haha..you definitely aren't getting overspray like that...but, better safe than sorry right?

Looks real good..I would do this to my car, but my car is black with silver accents and the calipers are already silver, and i don't know of another color i would change it to..good job, looks great!
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by PewterBird
            I think I see some overspray.... on the top of the pillar.
            oh no, i wasnt totally done with the tapeing stuff off in those pics, i did it all the way over to the C in camaro in the back, and half the roof, and more than half the hood. i had alot of time on my hands, i went threw a whole roll of tape too. wooo.

thanks for the comments guys. TheGr8Schlotzky- if they're already silver id leave them alone, or polish them. polished looks real nice, i though about doing it, but my rims arent open anough to show them off i dont think.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Good job, Loser.

it really compliments the rest of the car.. :tup:

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
                Good job, Loser.

it really compliments the rest of the car.. :tup:
                lol, i thought you were calling him a loser... i'm dumb

Anyway, wtg!

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

looks good. i think it was one of the better things ive done to my car especially with them showing through my rims so much
                  '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
                  Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

hahaha damn pat did u cover enough ..i didnt even tape **** off that good when i painted the jetta hahahahaha holy gee wow batman lol all for the calipers :-p they came out good though...did u do under the grill yet to or nah?
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

looks good pat, did you dremel them down?
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

not working for me idk why, prolly cuz im not on my home cpu
                        Dave:
                        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I've been wondering. Are the calipers not removeable? I guess they must not be, since all the pictures I've seen of people painting their calipers have shown them being painted on the car. I thought you could take them off. Guess not.

Comment

kyle- nope not yet, ill do it like the day before i put the grill on.

kristen- i did alittle, untill i killed the 3 rough sandpaper attachments i had. then just hand sanded the rest. im not that worryed about it, when i get rims i'll re-done them. my rims right now hardly show them anyway.

Atreus21 - they're very much re-moveable, and its the smarter thing to do. but then you have to bleed the brakes again, undo bolts ect.

thanks for the comment everyone.

Comment

i just took the calipers off as if i was chaning my breaks and just let it sit on my rotor.
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                1 day ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X