chroming stock rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chroming stock rims?

I was wondering how much roughly it might cost to chrome the Z28 rims on my 96. I like the rims, ofcourse i would rather have the corvette c6 rims i see on some other camaros on here, but when those are over $1300, chroming my rims is looking quite good. Of course, i know chroming isn't cheap, but how much might it cost to get that done?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: chroming stock rims?

u can prolyl just find a pair allready chromed on ebay or liek maybe a junkyard or some **** man..check around the fourms in the for sale sections and stuff u might luck out and find them cheaper then the chromeing will be
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

ya, ive got a set of chrome stockers that I have no use for w/tires...id let em go for a couple hundred.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i looked into it, and it will be about $400 - $600 to get them chromed

Comment

that sounds really good...but..i live on the complete other end of the united states...i can't even imagine how much shipping would be..could you look into that? I don't have the money now, i might by the end of the summer if you still have them...i'm interested..
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i say just buy new rims
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

so maybe you didn't catch the part about new rims being wayyy too expensive for me. It would take me all of summer just to make enough cash to make enough to get a new exhaust system or whatever, i'm busy with school, and i have no extra money to spend. like i said, i would love the c6 rims, but that's way out of the question.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

also, does anyone know how much i might be able to get out of my stock aluminums? that might bring the price of new ones down a little, particularly nikons offer..that might pay for shipping if i'm lucky i guess..
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

have you checked out the eBay store called "AFS wheels"? They deal strictly in Mustang/ C5/ C6/ Z06 and some BMW style wheels...they offer some pretty good prices for wheel/tire combos and for wheels alone...$89 flat shipping fee for wheels and $189 for wheel/tire combo...a lot of wheel sets for $695.

Comment

Originally posted by nikon
                    ya, ive got a set of chrome stockers that I have no use for w/tires...id let em go for a couple hundred.

how much?

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
                      how much?

make me an offer I guess, they've been sitting for a couple years now, so even though two of the tires have tread left they're probably shot and out of round now...so whatever the offer is remember I have to get them broken down too, but it would prolly even out with cheaper shipping due to the lack of tires....I guess just make it worth my while, if not I dont need the money.

05' CTS-V

Comment

make me an offer I guess, they've been sitting for a couple years now, so even though two of the tires have tread left they're probably shot and out of round now...so whatever the offer is remember I have to get them broken down too, but it would prolly even out with cheaper shipping due to the lack of tires....I guess just make it worth my while, if not I dont need the money.

we are talking about these wheels (but chrome) right?

Comment

Most spin-off ZO6 rims are by Topline. Look for Topline ZO6 rims on e-bay & on the web. You can find a new set of 17" Chrome ZO6 rims with new tires for under $1000 if you look around.

Oops, wrong thread, sory.
                          Last edited by Rick Brown; 07-02-2006, 07:32 AM.
                          Left turn Clide.

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
                            we are talking about these wheels (but chrome) right?

yup, these wheels.

05' CTS-V

Comment

yup, these wheels.

oh man, i love those wheels... how much do you want for them?????

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X