Meguiers NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiers NXT

Well I thought it was time to try some new wax and I just got my paycheck, so I went out and got a can of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax paste wax, as well as some meguiers deep shine polish. Washed the car, and started putting the polish on. I usually let the polish dry before I buff it off, and it seems to work good (as most polishes I have used say "Let dry to a haze"). However, as i finished getting polish over the car, I saw on the back of the bottle that it said to wipe off immediately and not let dry. Owell, too late. Still came out nice and clean and came off very easily despite not following the bottles directions.

Then I went on to apply the NXT Tech Wax. I decided to go with the paste over the liquid simply because paste wax just seems more durable to me, though I could be wrong. Anyways, the wax went on very easily and evenly with the included foam applicator, and the wax came off very easily too once dried.

The color is amazing. I've never seen my car look so dark and deep and yet so shiny and bright at the same time. (Navy Blue Metallic). In my garage, which doesn't have the best lighting yet, but enough to easily see what your doing, my car almost looked black. It was like glass. Brought it out into the sun, and it still held that dark and deep, full look to it, but the suns reflections really caught the metallic and I've never seen my paint look so good.

All in all, this is a very great wax in my opinion. Using the deep shine polish before the wax I'm sure also helped tremendously. All of my small scratches and swirl marks are completely gone. With another wax i previously tried, the scratches and swirls seemed to be gone at first glance, but upon closer inspection you could still clearly see them. The NXT tech wax hid up the scratches very well. One spot on my hood has bad swirls, and I could not see them for the life of me.

Now its just a waiting game to see how long the wax seems to last.

I'll try to get some pics on here... prolly wont be anything fancy like scenic, since i just recently had some of those, but these will be more to show the paint.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Re: Meguiers NXT

the NXT line is the best you can get thats not a professional wax.

Just a note, but when polishing, your suppose to keep rubbing it in untill you cant tell it is there anymore, then take a clean rag and wipe it off, it will make your car look glossy wet.

Comment

i got the nxt a few weeks ago. i was using the classic gold and i love the nxt alot more than the gold
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i use NXT too, and i whore my car anough im sure you saw it before. i love it, like you and kristen said, easy on easy off. great shine. but it doesnt last that long,im currently looking for something else to try, i already used gold class once and liked NXT better, i used turtle wax and was decently impressed, but wasnt as easy on/off as nxt. we pic's of your car now too.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

yea NXT stuff rocks, I only use meguirs stuff on my car
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
            Just a note, but when polishing, your suppose to keep rubbing it in untill you cant tell it is there anymore, then take a clean rag and wipe it off, it will make your car look glossy wet.
            ah thanks for the tip, no ones ever told me that before lol, guess i'd been doing it wrong this whole time. Oh well, still looks amazing right now, but i'll definitally do that next time around.
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

im a detailer for volvo and we special order a wax called M-Ron Glass. Works well with any color paint, but especially with darker color paints. On a black car it will make it look close to brand new if the paint is atleast in decent condition. It can be applied in the sun, or on a hot car, it will leave NO swirl marks, will not streak, and takes off many of the clear coat scratches. It is darn near the easiest to wipe/buff off too. I use a buffer though with it, but ive also done it by hand and it is by far the best wax i have used. No retail store that i know of sells it, ie pep boys, autozone, advance auto. We get it from a detail company called Robos. look into it though if you want the best wax. I have used NXT and many other meguiars and mothers waxes and M-Ron will put it to shame. IMOP it is the best in the business.
              Last edited by Harrison; 07-01-2006, 06:46 PM.
              Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

is this it? http://www.highwayshine.com/dbID/136.html; im trying to find another wax to use, i love NXT and all but i just want to experiment with other stuff too.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I don't know about other products, but that isn't true with Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                    is this it? http://www.highwayshine.com/dbID/136.html; im trying to find another wax to use, i love NXT and all but i just want to experiment with other stuff too.

Yep, thats the stuff. Best product i have ever used/seen.

Im with hokiebird, i wouldnt polish the wax in there till you cant see it anymore. You want to polish it in well, but not to the point where u cant see it anymore. The biggest thing with wax is giving it enough time to set in. If you don't give it enough time to set in, the results wont be as good. I start at one spot, work my way around the car till i get back where i started. I usually wait 20 minutes after i get back to where i started, then i take the buffer to it. Always a good shine, no streaks.
                    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                      I don't know about other products, but that isn't true with Meguiar's.
                      it is true with ALL polishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison
                        Yep, thats the stuff. Best product i have ever used/seen.

Im with hokiebird, i wouldnt polish the wax in there till you cant see it anymore. You want to polish it in well, but not to the point where u cant see it anymore. The biggest thing with wax is giving it enough time to set in.
                        i said when polishing, not when waxing

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison
                          The biggest thing with wax is giving it enough time to set in. If you don't give it enough time to set in, the results wont be as good. I start at one spot, work my way around the car till i get back where i started. I usually wait 20 minutes after i get back to where i started, then i take the buffer to it. Always a good shine, no streaks.
                          Thats exactly what I do when I wax, and thats what I did this time with the nxt too, and couldnt be happier with the shine. Well I wanted to get some pics, but now its been storming since the morning after i washed my car :(
                          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

it is true with ALL polishes.
                            You're wrong. I don't know where you are getting your information, but mine is straight from Meguair's reps/professional detailers. If you are working the polish for that long it not only is no longer doing anything, but you are also taking the chance of scratching the paint by eliminating the polish and just rubbing your pad on the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                              You're wrong. I don't know where you are getting your information, but mine is straight from Meguair's reps/professional detailers. If you are working the polish for that long it not only is no longer doing anything, but you are also taking the chance of scratching the paint by eliminating the polish and just rubbing your pad on the paint.

im getting my information from professional details because my new job is a car detailer

when using polish your suppose to go in back and fourth motions untill you can hardly tell it is there anymore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X