Meguiers NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiers NXT

this guy i know is a professional detailer, i have never seen anybody make a car look cleaner than he can:

Polishes and compounds

My favorite polishes and compounds are:

Optimum Polish, Compound and Hyper Compound
    Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish and #80 Speed Glaze
    Clearkote Compound and Blue Moose Cutting Creme
    Poorboy's SSR line (3, 2.5, 2, 1)
    Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish

Use by hand:

Use a terry cloth towel, folded into 1/8ths size to form a thick pad and so you can apply even pressure. Use moderate pressure, enough to build up some warmth on the towel and work the product into the paint until it looks nearly clear and dry, then wipe off immediately. Refold the towel and move on to the next section.

Comment

I can't speak for all polishes because I don't know enough about all the products out there, but for Meguiar's polishes you aren't gaining anything from your extra work. The particles that do all the polishing break down as you use the product. If you use it for that long you are no longer accomplishing anything and are taking a bigger risk of hurting the paint.

This is information I got from Meguiar's forum admin and the local professional detailer/Meguiar's rep (who apparently was called in to teach people to properly detail air force 1).

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
        i said when polishing, not when waxing

Well, yeah. When your taking it off you want to make sure you apply good pressure and get all the residue off. There comes a point though where your just beating a dead horse and wearing your arm out for no reason. At my work, i use a buffer. I have a buffing pad to take the wax off, then i switch out pads to a polishing pad and go back over the car.

You were right about one thing though, use up and down strokes when putting on wax. a common misconception is to do it in a circular swirl motion. this is all fine and dandy if you like swirl marks.

Use a terry cloth towel, folded into 1/8ths size to form a thick pad and so you can apply even pressure. Use moderate pressure, enough to build up some warmth on the towel and work the product into the paint until it looks nearly clear and dry, then wipe off immediately. Refold the towel and move on to the next section.
        Well....if you want to get picky, i would use a microfiber application pad. If you take your wax off by hand, use a microfiber cheesecloth. Terrycloth is too coarse, if you dont have a dark color car, you dont notice the scratches your putting on the car. Im a professional detailer for Volvo, and i will set it straight. I've seen everyone do different things when applying and taking off wax. I say if what your doin is workin for you, and you dont think you could do it any better....stick with what your doing.

Optimum Polish, Compound and Hyper Compound
        Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish and #80 Speed Glaze
        Clearkote Compound and Blue Moose Cutting Creme
        Poorboy's SSR line (3, 2.5, 2, 1)
        Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish.
        I don't know what in the world half that crap is. In my opinion, if your using that much stuff, your working with a complete bucket where most that stuff your putting on the car isnt going to do jacksquat. If you use most that stuff on a car with a poor clear coat, or no clear coat at all....your going to be up $hits creek. Any car with a decent clearcoat doesn't need all of that. A lot of those compounds were kill your paint if they are sand based. You will do more harm than good. I recommend just a good wax. keep is simple, if you dont like the outcome, put on another coat.
        Last edited by Harrison; 07-03-2006, 07:15 PM.
        Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison

I don't know what in the world half that crap is. In my opinion, if your using that much stuff, your working with a complete bucket where most that stuff your putting on the car isnt going to do jacksquat. If you use most that stuff on a car with a poor clear coat, or no clear coat at all....your going to be up $hits creek. Any car with a decent clearcoat doesn't need all of that. A lot of those compounds were kill your paint if they are sand based. You will do more harm than good. I recommend just a good wax. keep is simple, if you dont like the outcome, put on another coat.

it is a list of polishes that he has used, and has had good luck with.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            I only use meguirs stuff on my car
            :tup:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
              I can't speak for all polishes because I don't know enough about all the products out there, but for Meguiar's polishes you aren't gaining anything from your extra work. The particles that do all the polishing break down as you use the product. If you use it for that long you are no longer accomplishing anything and are taking a bigger risk of hurting the paint.

This is information I got from Meguiar's forum admin and the local professional detailer/Meguiar's rep (who apparently was called in to teach people to properly detail air force 1).

Was that Mike Phillips, or Joe from Superior Shine?
              (i'm on that board too)
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Just wanted to give you guys an update on how this stuff is holding up for me...

Its been washed maybe 2 times since I waxed it originally, and its been raining for a few days here now, and it's still beading up very nicely. I'm very impressed considering many people told me that it wouldn't last long. However, the shine did start to dull, so I will be waxing it again as soon as the rain ends, but overrall im happy because i know that its still protecting my paint.
                2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

ehh I disagree...

I tried it awhile back its ok.

It does give a good shine, a different shine then my car usually has when I zainoed it. Seems like it made it darker? Like the briteness of the color doesn't come out as much. But then again its a off the shelf wax vs. a synthetic like zaino with better optics.

As for durability, started sucking after like 2-3 weeks.

NXT pics though, right after I did it a few weeks ago.

vs...

Zaino..

Thing is though hard to tell in pictures but when you see it in person you can tell its different just seems like different navy blue colors.
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

shenanigans, while i wont disagree with you about the zaino, In my opinion, for the price and being off the shelf, I'm satisfied with the nxt. I would love to try zaino sometime though... i drool at the pics of your car with zaino
                    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                      shenanigans, while i wont disagree with you about the zaino, In my opinion, for the price and being off the shelf, I'm satisfied with the nxt. I would love to try zaino sometime though... i drool at the pics of your car with zaino
                      I agree off the shelf its nice...

price is still kind of up in the air imo though... Its not "cheap" just cheaper then zaino.
                      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        1 week ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X