Got some TA today, checkthis out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got some TA today, checkthis out...

Nothing nicer than pics of F-Bodies and Vettes together. I'd like to know the story on the Vette more, though. The only Vettes in '96 available with LT4s (as far as I know) were Grand Sports and Collector Edition models which were all silver in color. Grand Sports would be blue with the white stripes and blacked out ZR-1 rims. The coupes had the fender flares whereas the convertibles did not. If it's like you say, it would be a very cool story to see and pics to go with it. Any interior shots or engine pics?

Oh, both F-Bodies looked great, too. He sure has a nice ride to come back to the States for.
    1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

All three cars are awesome, and I think your headlights look awesome white.
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I was wrong, I asked my dad this morning and he said no, its not a Grand Sport but it does have the GS LT4 motor, its a Collector Edition...

In 1996 there were 4,031 made (+1381 convertables) with LT4's which were not Grand Sports but were known as Collector Editions. This is compared to the the 810 Grand Sports (+190 verts) that were produced. I got these figures from 'C4 Corvette Specs' book by Mike Antonik.

I know what real GS's are, there is one here in Omaha, but my dads intake has the "Grand Sport" logo on it, which led me to believe that it was still considered a GS.

Moral of the story: His 1996 Corvette with an LT4 is a Collector Edition. Sorry for any confusion. :o

Here are some more pics of it:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...76_13_full.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...76_14_full.jpg

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...gAnch=imgAnch1

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...gAnch=imgAnch2

That last one has a little model of a real GS :) (it was at a carshow) lol. I will take more pics of the motor later. They will be on my cardomain.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

In 96, the automatic C4s kept the LT1, and all 6-speeds got the LT4
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/325081\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Red Firebird M5</a><br />not enough mods

Comment

That sounds more accurate. Beautiful car!! I'm a HUGE Vette fan and always open to finding out more facts about them. I didn't know any CEs came out that weren't silver. That's a cool new fact to know that they came out in another color. I really wanted a C4 for many years, but couldn't pass up the C5 I currently have. I might still pick up a clean C4 in the future. They are still probably the best Vette for the money.

Even the LT4s in the Camaros and Firebirds would have the Grand Sport on them if memory serves me right. I admit it sometimes doesn't.
            1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
              Yeah he chose not to take it cuz he is only going to be there for 6 months and in Air War College the entire time and wouldnt have any time to drive it. He knew he could take it if he wanted too, just opted to keep it safe at our house I guess.
              Oh, that sucks. I was over in Germany for 5 years, loved it. The streets are small over there, but that's why you pick up a beater for $200.

Rob
              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

I did have the bumper removed when I painted it though cuz it had damage on it so we sprayed it while it was off the car. You dont have to take it off to do it, but it will look much better cuz you wont have overspray problems past the headlights. If you have any questions about removing the bumper let me know, but it was very easy to do.[/QUOTE]

I have some damage on my front bumper as well...some chips and quite a bit of what looks like tiny fractures. My dad has a compressor and a gun so respraying the front isn't out of the question. I know I could probably find out this info elsewhere, but how much prep-work is required for the bumper on small scratches and chips? Also is removing the front bumper a big job? I'll probably hold off till this winter when my car is off the road to do all the work. Once again I love your white Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                  I have some damage on my front bumper as well...some chips and quite a bit of what looks like tiny fractures. My dad has a compressor and a gun so respraying the front isn't out of the question. I know I could probably find out this info elsewhere, but how much prep-work is required for the bumper on small scratches and chips? Also is removing the front bumper a big job? I'll probably hold off till this winter when my car is off the road to do all the work. Once again I love your white Camaro.
                  THe damage to mine was pretty bad, about a 8 inch crack and lots of missing paint.

Taking care of chips is no big deal at all, just sand down the whole bumper with 600 grit sand paper, fill in all chips with bondo, sand those areas down with 180 grit, spray on the primer, sand the primer with 220 then paint it.

Taking the bumper off took me about 25 mins and I was taking my time. I would explain it but its hard to do without pics. If you have a Chilton or Haynes manual it will have a good description in there of what/how to remove it. Good luck and keep us updated when you do it.

Thanks for the compliments too :)
                  sigpic
                  1997 Camaro RS A4
                  2006 Chevy Colorado
                  2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    1 week ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X