over spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over spray?

i have chrome rims and i was spray painting in my garage and i got some over spray on my rims... anyone have an idea how to get it off?

Re: over spray?

Originally posted by baseball24
    i have chrome rims and i was spray painting in my garage and i got some over spray on my rims... anyone have an idea how to get it off?
    Use a claybar...it should take it off easily.
    Justin<br /><a href=\"http://www.bass482.com/firebird/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird A4 Y87<br /></a>170.2rwhp/203rwtq (SAE Corrected)

Comment

Use chrome cleaner, I found that works very well. If that doesn't work try using a small amount of rubbing compound and rub it on gently then take some wax and wax them up you should be good to go. In many cases I found that wax alone works awesome.
      2002 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2106142/1</a>

Comment

Clay bar will take it right off. No need to use a polish.

Comment

a claybar might work, but some wolnt pick up paint.

If you dont have a claybar, i would just use some rubbing compount, no use wasting $20 to do something that you might already ahve

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
            a claybar might work, but some wolnt pick up paint.
            Not true. There are different grades of claybars and you shouldn't need an aggresive one to take off paint.

Originally posted by victimizati0n
            If you dont have a claybar, i would just use some rubbing compount, no use wasting $20 to do something that you might already have
            A claybar is around $10 (give or take). You should use the least aggresive product and work your way up if you aren't getting the desired result. A rubbing compound removes a small portion of clearcoat. A claybar removes contaminants above the clearcoat. Worst case scenario is the claybar doesn't take off the overspray and he has to us a rubbing compound or other polish. Even if that is the case he will have a claybar he can use on the car next time he details it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X