just tried meguiar's deep crystal system - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just tried meguiar's deep crystal system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just tried meguiar's deep crystal system

i think my car is just beyond anything i can rub into it.

first i washed my car using meguiars nxt wash.

then i went at it with the deep crystal system paint cleaner, scratch x, the deep crystal polish, and finally, nxt wax.

while it did get rid of some swirls, there are still noticeable swirls everywhere.

i didnt get around to doing the whole car up, just the roof (black) and my spoiler (one of the worst spots on my car. id swear the previous owner used it as a shelf.)

the final look is a deeper shine/reflection, but the paint looks a lot more orange peely.

what if i threw in a clay bar after i washed?

should i just get a professional detail? i wouldnt trust myself with a power tool against my car.:)
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Re: just tried meguiar's deep crystal system

how did you use the scratchx and polish?

all of the stuff you used, should have removed the swirles, unless they reached the paint (which i doubt)

Comment

i used microfiber applicator pads and rubbed it in. first i did it lightly and noticed little difference. i did it with more vigor and noticed more. but its still not perfect.:(
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
        i used microfiber applicator pads and rubbed it in. first i did it lightly and noticed little difference. i did it with more vigor and noticed more. but its still not perfect.:(
        did you polish in circles, or foward and back motions?

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
          did you polish in circles, or foward and back motions?
          both really. mostly forward and back though.

Comment

I just posted about how i recently used the nxt wash, deepcrystal polish, and nxt wax, and it took out all my swirl marks and small scratches... i couldnt be happier with it. I dont know why it didnt work out so well for you?
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
              I just posted about how i recently used the nxt wash, deepcrystal polish, and nxt wax, and it took out all my swirl marks and small scratches... i couldnt be happier with it. I dont know why it didnt work out so well for you?
              The thing about the deep crystal system, and really applying ANY kind of cleaner/polish/wax system by hand, is the fact that you need some real PASSION to work it in.

With the first step, the cleaner, you don't want to use a microfiber applicator. You want to use terry for that, because it has a greater nap in it, and will work down into the paint better. But again, one must use passion, and LOTS of it (passion = elbow grease x5).

Another crucial element is to clay first. if you clay first, it will apply and remove MUCH easier. do NOT let the cleaner or the polish dry before removing it. Work it in until it's almost invisible, and then wipe. Work one body panel at a time.

Sometimes, it takes more than one application to really work the paint clean.

I own several of the professional line products, and use a rotary buffer for things like this. However, it CAN be done by hand. PASSION is the key!
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X