Rear emblem removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear emblem removal

Hey guys I knwo some of you have done this and Im wanting to do the same. I think it will look cleaner. How do I tak off the phioenix on teh center plate onteh back wihtout screwing up the plastic piece itsel. After its off the Im more than likely gonna paint it, but I still dont want to ruin it.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Re: Rear emblem removal

I wet sanded then polished to take out all the swirls and marks from wet sanding.

Comment

What grit of paper did u use?
      01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
      AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
      www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
      www.vaperz.com
      PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Don't remember because it was a while ago, but it was pretty high like 2000 or 2500. It just took off the red paint on the logos. If you look closely in the right reflection you can still see a black bird on my panel.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
          Don't remember because it was a while ago, but it was pretty high like 2000 or 2500. It just took off the red paint on the logos. If you look closely in the right reflection you can still see a black bird on my panel.

That's because it is NOT just an emblem. It is also embosed into the center section. Only a 1997 Formula center piece has no emblem, or embosed lettering or bird. That is what I have.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            1 week ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X