Wheels Not Purty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels Not Purty

So I was doing my weekly polish on my wheels (ZR1 Style polished aluminum) and I noticed on the passenger side that one of the spokes has a inch long scrape/scratch on the inner part of it. I assume from a rock or something, but it isn't too noticable but I know its there, how would I go about fixing this if it is even worth it to try to fix? Is this just part of owning non-cleared coated wheels? Thanks for checking out the post...

Re: Wheels Not Purty

if it bothers you that much you can try to buff/sand it out
    1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

find the finest grit it takes to get it out. the rougher the easier to get it out. then work your way back to 2000 grit and put on some mothers aluminum polish.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
        find the finest grit it takes to get it out. the rougher the easier to get it out. then work your way back to 2000 grit and put on some mothers aluminum polish.

exactly, a picture of the damage and we would probally be able to tell you what to start with. use LOTS of water when sanding. it might take a little while but you CAN get the whole stratch out. good luck.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, lol, I'm so nervous about touching them with sandpaper. BTW will I have to do the whole wheel with sandpaper to make it even or will a 2000 grit make it so you cannot even notice the difference.

Comment

i did mine a couple of weeks ago. just stick to the affected area, you don't have to do the whole wheel. start with some 220 grit (or so...you may go rougher but i'd be careful with that) then progress to 500, then 1000, then 2000, the throw some polish on there. just be sure to try and stick to the contour of the wheel when sanding. you may still notice it slightly, but thats partly [mostly] due to the fact you know it was there.
            1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X