Painting your calipers or buying new ones? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting your calipers or buying new ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting your calipers or buying new ones?

alright well i just ordered some nice new cross drilled slotted rotors and dont know what to do about my calipers. i have been seeing calipers with camaro written on the them and was curious where to buy them or if they are personally done. well let me know what everyone has done and send me some links for any usefull information! thanks alot guys! daniel

Re: Painting your calipers or buying new ones?

I'm sure you can buy them painted, expensive though. As for the camaro you use vinyl decals. If you need some hit me up I have a vinyl plotter.

Comment

paint the calipers urself...it'll take a afternoon to do and its like 15 bucks...and yes the camaro u c on the caliper is a vinyl sticker thats like 10 bucks i think...so there 25 buck and u got ur calipers done...a lot cheaper than goin out and buyin some new ones

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...inted+calipers
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

paint them. its really easy
          '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
          Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

I agree, paint them yourself. But its a lot easier when they are off the car. I did mine when I changed my rotors as well. I took off all 4 while I was changing the rotors. This made it easier to clean. Then put them back in, add brake fluid and bleed.

Comment

well thanks for the quick replies but yeah i need the vinal lettering so if anyone wants to sell them or give me a site where i can order them please let me know!

Comment

http://fourthcircledesigns.com/index.php?cPath=2

Got mine from there, and they work like a charm!

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Hey ur the only one i could find online do u know where i can get a ss spoiler or one without the two supports

Comment

FOR gods sakes no more painted calipers!!! polishing is the road to redemption. its just brake dust on the calis

Comment

http://formula.bambeezer.com/calipers.htm

this should be a link to the polishing process
                      i have 3 done and 1 to go sofar its about 16 hours in. if you love your car witch i love my car you will not mind spending time on it!!!

Comment

polished is the way to go, looks better IMO and will stay looking better longer b/c stuff doesn't stick to the smoother surface.
                        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

It gets a lot more respect becouse it takes hours to do!!! brownie points for car shows.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            1 week ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X