General Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions?

My car is currently painted pewter but I want to change the color to red or black. Will my insurance go up? And how much does a paint job usually cost?

Also how would I clean my brakes fully? Do I have to remove the entire wheel?

Currently Own: 2000 Camaro 3.8L V6 Pewter 52,000 miles
    Last edited by tbonebuggs; 07-10-2006, 08:37 PM.

Re: General Questions?

Insurance prices do not change with color. Thats just a myth. My aunt is an insurance agent.

Comment

sorry to jack the thread but one quick question to accompany yours...does the value depreciate if the car is painted a different color?
      1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Heartbeat_of_94
        sorry to jack the thread but one quick question to accompany yours...does the value depreciate if the car is painted a different color?
        I'm guessing that it would, depending on the quality of the paintjob. If the owner just paints the exterior (a different color) without spraying inside of the doorjambs, hood, hatch, etc. then it would look like crap and no-one would want to shell out the extra money for it.

It also depends on WHERE the car was painted and if it was done correctly. "Cutting Corners" shows!!
        sigpic

Comment

why would you want to change the color???
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't want to buy a car that has been repainted. Even if it was done by an excellent shop I would be skeptical. You are going to have to call around to find out how much a color change will cost, but for a good job I would say easily over $2,500. I got an estimate to respray my whole car the same color and it was $2,800. That's at a dealer and my color (bright green metallic) is probably more expensive than a black or red.

What exactley are you trying to clean on the brakes? The caliper?

Comment

Yes, your insurance will be cheaper.
              You will get better gas mileage.
              Your Bank will give you a better intrest rate.
              Your car will go faster.
              These are all down sides of haveing a Pewter colored car, change it fast!!!:spank:

Sorry Kristen, just had to say it. :-)
              Last edited by Rick Brown; 07-11-2006, 02:14 PM.
              Left turn Clide.

Comment

It'll prolly run around $1,00-$2,500 depending upon who does it. Don't just get the exterior painted though...it'll make it alot harder to sell. The insurance company doesn't really care what color the car is, so it won't affect that, and yes, you have to take the wheel off to clean the brakes efficiently...

'Drive it like ya' stole it...'
                Y87 Package
                MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                BONE APPROVED!
                VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                Team Black...TEAM EMO
                sigpic
                Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

I'd keep the stock color and customize the car a bit. IMO, a paint job is asking for trouble... If you want a different color real badly, trade it for another one.
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Brown
                    Yes, your insurance will be cheaper.
                    You will get better gas mileage.
                    Your Bank will give you a better intrest rate.
                    Your car will go faster.
                    These are all down sides of haveing a Pewter colored car, change it fast!!!:spank:
                    lol

Originally posted by Shirl
                    I'd keep the stock color and customize the car a bit. IMO, a paint job is asking for trouble... If you want a different color real badly, trade it for another one.
                    I agree, repainting the same color to clean up damaged areas... maybe, but changing the color... risky business, it's hit or miss.
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X